Clock Strikes Twelve

Olivia stumbled over her feet as Sam pulled her back into the gym. "H-hey, woah! What? I don't need you to show me how to have a good time!" She yelled over the music. Sam shot her look, as he pulled her through the crowd into the center of the floor.

"Are you sure about that, party pooper?" He asked, shuffling around her. Her head followed him, looking from left to right as he made a full circle. "Positive." She said, folding her arms.

Sam shook his head, grabbing her hand and making her eyes widened as he tugged her over to him, and then spun her around. She stumbled forward as he tugged her again, grabbing her other hand.

"Woah, woah, woah! No, I'm not dancing with you." Olivia said, dropping her hands from his. He raised a brow, shoving his hands into his pant pockets. "Scared I might completely demolish you with my killer dance moves." He grinned, shuffling his feet back and forth.

Olivia laughed before shaking her head. "You wish. I should probably go check on Julie, you know, my band is playing..." She said, and he nodded slowly. "One dance can't hurt. And it seems Julie is doing just fine." He said, tilting his head towards the stage.

Olivia's eyes flicked over, and she saw Julie standing with Flynn behind the curtain, staring right at her. She bit her lip, shaking her head as a light laugh escaped her mouth. She had a feeling those two were going to make a big deal about this, but it was better than sitting around waiting for those ghost assholes.

"Fine, but this, this is a one-time thing." She said, looking back over at him. A grin curled onto his face as he held his hand out. Olivia shook her head, grabbing it, and then tugging him like he had done to her.

"Woah!" Sam gasped, as she spun him around. Olivia laughed at his face, and his eyes narrowed before he spun her into him, and then pushed her away. She stumbled over her feet, only staying up because of his grasp on her hand.

She stuck her middle finger up at him, and there was pause before the two laughed, letting go of each others hand and just bouncing to the music, throwing in a shimmy, or a spin. For the first time that night, she was having the tiniest bit of fun. Tiniest.

        ___________________________

Olivia had no idea how long she had been dancing with Sam, until Nick wandered out onto the stage. Her eyes widened as she stopped, seeing Julie just barely behind the curtain. Shit! She totally forgot about their performance!

"Hey, everybody! We fixed the hologram thing!" Nick yelled, making her lips part, "Who wants to see a show?" He asked, and the crowd burst into cheers.

Olivia was frozen, and Sam shook her shoulder lightly. "Um, I think that's your cue." He said, and her eyes looked over at him with a stunned expression, that made his brows slowly furrow.

"Now...give it up... for Julie, Liv, and the Phantoms!" Nick yelled, and Olivia shook her head, pushing her way through the crowd. People started cheering again, noticing her as she walked by, and patting her back and whooping as she passed.

She quickly climbed the steps, meeting up with Julie, and then looking back at the back area. Her brows furrowed as she looked at Julie. "They're not here." She said, and Julie nodded frantically as Nick beckoned them over. "Shit." Olivia said through grit teeth as they walked up to the DJ booth.

Nick handed Julie the microphone, and then ran off down the steps. "Uh...hi!" Julie said awkwardly, and everyone laughed. "So, here's the thing, even though we got the machine working, thanks to Nick..." She went on, and everyone cheered for him.

Julie sighed, and Olivia rubbed her shoulder. "We can't seem to link up with the guys. Wi-fi, am I right?" She threw in, though everyone now looked unamused. Olivia looked at her face; she looked so defeated.