Conflicted

Although Luke had made her feel a tiny bit better, Olivia decided to spend the rest of the weekend by herself. Julie would come check on her every so often, and make her laugh with the stuff she would tell her about what the guys were saying. She would say that they kept asking her to get her, and she would have to keep telling them no.

Soon, Monday rolled around, which meant school was back in session. As much as it pained her, Olivia got herself out of bed and ready for school- throwing on sweats and an oversized black hoodie. She didn't bother to brush her hair; she was going to have her hood up most of the day anyway.

________________________

Olivia glanced at Julie; a small grin curling onto her face as she watched her jamming to whatever she was listening to in her headphones. Out of everything, she was glad Julie had found herself again.

The two walked into school and made their way towards Julie's locker. Olivia turned, placing her shoe against the locker, glancing at Julie as she pulled open her locker still dancing to her music. Olivia shook her head, looking off at the commons.

She heard Julie start to hum, as she pulled her backpack out from her locker. "Good song?" Olivia asked, looking over at her. Julie laughed, swinging her bag over her shoulder. "Sorry. I don't know, ever since this past weekend, I can't get enough." She confessed, making Olivia smile.

"What's with the dancing?" Flynn asked, strolling up from Julie's other side. Olivia snickered, shrugging at her. "She thought she was in a music video the entire walk to school." She whispered intentionally loud. Julie shot her a look, which made Flynn laugh.

"I'm just glad you're back to your normal, weirdo self." She smiled.

"Thanks." Julie shook her head, laughing lightly.

"So, how's your band? Still hot? Still talented?" Flynn glanced around, leaning in, "Still dead?" Olivia narrowed her eyes at her, shaking her head. She was too much.

"Amazing. Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs. Liv helped a bit too, but she told them she didn't really write music." Julie said, side-eyeing Olivia.

She put her hands up in defense as she dropped her foot and stood next to her. "Look, if you wanted it to sound average, then I would say I'm all for it, but Luke specifically said he wanted 'killer songs,' so..." She pointed out, and Julie rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," She grumbled before looking to Flynn again, "You want to hear what we have so far?" She asked, and Flynn nodded almost immediately.

"Um, is that even a question?" She said, and Olivia smiled and shook her head. Julie shut her locker, and the girls linked arms as they walked towards the music room.

_________________________

The three entered the empty room, and Julie guided them towards the piano. "It was amazing. It was flowing through me like when I used to write with mom." Julie said as she unlinked herself and slid onto the bench. Olivia and Flynn exchanged smiles as the leaned against the piano, looking at her.

"So, this is the first song Luke and I wrote," Julie said, lifting up the lid that covered the keys, "Here's a bit of the chorus." She said, placing her fingers against the keys.

"Cause we're standing on the edge of great! Great! Great!"

She sang, playing out the rest of the notes before she stopped. Olivia nodded her head, remembering helping them with that song. It was on Saturday, which at this point, felt like years ago.

"Wow! I like it!" Flynn beamed. "Definite Gaga vibes." She added, and Olivia glanced up at her from her palm.

"Thanks!" Julie smiled, "I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something my mom and I were working on. Luke and I finished it." She said, making Olivia perk back up. She slowly leant back up, listening carefully as Julie began to play again.