This Band is Back

Olivia smiled over at Reggie and Alex as she strummed her six-string, and Julie began to sing.

"Marching on proud, turn it up loud."

"Cause now we know what we're worth."

Everyone stopped as a flash and groan came from behind. Olivia turned, and her eyes met Luke's. He jolted up from the chair he landed in, looking wide eyed between her and Julie.

"Olivia...Julie?" He questioned, laughing awkwardly. Olivia grinned at him, making him furrow his brows as he grinned back.

"What are you waiting for? Grab your guitar. We got work to do." Julie smiled, and his jaw dropped slightly. "This talent show ain't gonna win itself." Olivia added, earning his eyes again. He laughed, shaking his head as he grabbed his guitar off the stand.

He looked to Olivia, tilting his head over in the direction of Julie as he walked over to her. Olivia followed, raising a brow at him.

"What made you guys change your minds?" He asked, glancing between them curiously.

Julie stood up from the bench behind her keyboard, smiling at him. "I realized how important music is to all of us. And we've lost so much already. We can't lose this too." She said.

"Exactly. You might be a total asshat half the time, but you're not selfish. And I know you wouldn't let us down on purpose. You're a good person." Olivia smiled up at him, and he gazed down at her. A soft smile settled onto his face, making, for the first time in days, that weird feeling contract in her chest.

He laughed awkwardly as he backed away, pulling his guitar over himself. Olivia raised a brow at him, following slightly. "Happy birthday, by the way." She winked, and his brows furrowed. Before he could say anything though, Julie interjected.

"Let's go from the pre-chorus." She said, and Olivia shot her a 'thumbs up.'

Alex nodded, bringing his sticks up. "One, two, three, four...

____________________________

The sky was dark now, and the band had been practicing for a few hours for the talent show. They sounded really good, and Olivia even decided to take a part in the singing. Who knew after a break up, you could feel so confident?

"Been so long, and now I'm finally free."

Olivia and Julie sang as they walked through the back door of the house. They laughed at each other, before catching Carlos wandering around with a tablet.

"What in the-"

"What are you doing?" Julie cut her off before she swore, nudging her slightly.

"Looking for those orb things." Carlos explained, staring frustratedly at his device. "I'm telling you, this place is haunted." He said, glancing up at the two. Olivia nodded with a fake sense of intrigue, and Julie shook her head at her.

"Every time I open my laptop it's on some...rock music site. That ain't me. You know I'm all about the rap." Carlos shook his head in confusion, and the girls sighed. "Reggie." They said in unison, trying to laugh.

"I'm just trying to protect you guys." Carlos said, looking down at the tablet again.

Olivia and Julie glanced at each other before moving towards the hall that led to the stairs. Carlos shot over slightly, making them stop.

"Oh, I'd be careful in there. Dad has that look on his face like when Google Maps tells him to turn on the wrong street." He said, painting a rather vivid picture in Olivia's mind. She shook her head, before Julie and her continued on their way.