Pile Over

Olivia aggressively tapped the top of her pen, hearing the annoying sound of it clicking over and over again. She thought sleeping on her embarrassment and fury would make her wake up okay, like she usually did. Somewhat calmed down, still a tiny bit angry. But no. She still felt like she was burning with anger.

Maybe it was the fact that it was Luke. That guy evoked so many pointless emotions in her, that it made her even more angry thinking about it. Jealousy, anger, frustration, sadness, love.

Her eyes widened at the thought as she slowly sat back in her chair. Did she just admit to herself that she loved him? Like actually loved him? She shook her head, letting it fall to her desk. There was no way she actually loved a guy who acted like a five-year-old. Julie could have him.

The bell rang, and Olivia sighed as she stuffed her pen in her jacket pocket, pulling her backpack over her shoulder. She slumped out the classroom, heading for Julie's locker.

Her eyes stayed on the ground as she thought about what she just thought. Love was a strong word when used in that context. It really just had to be a slip of the mind.

"Hey Jules." Olivia smiled, fixing her posture to seem less tense. There was no need to dwell on this any further.

Julie looked up from her locker, pulling her backpack on as she smiled over at her. "Hey slow poke. Flynn already left." She said, shutting the door.

Olivia glanced back at the classroom she was walking from before shrugging. "Sorry. I suppose I'm exhausted after holding that performance on my back." She joked, and Julie nudged her as they walked towards the door.

"I'll say you were on fire yesterday." Julie admitted, nodding as she looked forward. Olivia tilted her head in thanks, grinning to herself.

"Okay, but did you see Luke? The way he came up to me at the end?" Julie started, and she felt her nose scrunch at the thought. Just when that asshat had begun to slip her mind.

"Oh, yeah. He was smooth, wasn't he?" She said, feeling the sarcasm practically flooding over her words. Julie, obviously noticed, and shot her a set of narrowed eyes.

"Anyways... let me tell you, my heart was pounding so hard." She went on, and Olivia felt her face contort in an expression of irritation. Not exactly something she wanted to hear right now.

"Hots for a ghost, huh?" She teased, though her voice didn't sound just as enthusiastic.

Julie let out a gasp-y laugh, shaking her head. "And so, what if I do? You can't tell me you don't like one of them." She raised a brow at her, making Olivia's jaw drop open.

She shook her head, putting her hands up. It's not like she could tell Julie she loved... used to like Luke. That idea sounded stupid right about now.  "No effing way. How many times do I need to tell you, liking people just isn't my thing, I guess." She lied, folding her arms. Julie nodded suspiciously, but didn't bother to push it any further.

_____________________________

Luke tapped his hand against the arm of the couch, unable to stop his leg and arm from bouncing. After last night, the boys found out that the jolts they had been feeling for weeks now have been slowly destroying them. All thanks to that guy, Caleb, they visited the night of the dance.

Willie, Alex's 'friend,' told them the only way to prevent themselves from being destroyed, is either join Caleb's band or figure out their unfinished business, so they could pass over. Neither option seemed like a good ending, but there was no way he was going to play for that-

Luke sighed, looking over at Reggie, who was just as restless as he was. "Dude, how are we going to play the Orpheum? I mean that's just crazy." He said, looking over at him.