Chapter 64

"River, what do you pick?" Nick asked.

"The Cyclone." They all turned to me and smirked, making me shiver at their stares.

"Let's go." Austin grinned, grabbing my hand and leading me the way.

It was a fair walk from where we were to The Cyclone, which was on the total opposite side of the park. Even before we got there, I could hear frantic screams echoing throughout the area.

"Oh no." I shook my head, backing away as I saw the labelled ride. It was the largest, and the only, roller coaster I had ever seen. It went up, down, left, right, upside down and sideways.

"C'mon baby it'll be fun." Ryan smirked, pushing me forwards.

"No." I said defiantly. There were things I'd give into, but this was a complete and utter no way. 

"Ash, please!" River begged.

"Don't push her." Nick stopped them. "You can sit right there and wait. Don't you dare move or I will..."

"Okay, okay." I sighed with relief. I was happy to watch, but I didn't want to go any nearer to that thing than I already was.

I went and sat down on the bench he'd pointed to, watching as they lined up. Surprisingly, the line for this ride wasn't too long. Maybe there were more sane people here than I thought.

"Did you get left here too?" A girl asked, startling me. She was friendly, and had really pretty braids in, just like the ones my mum had done for me at the hospital. She looked about my age too.

"Yeah." I laughed uncertainly.

"Same. My Dad and brother were desperate to ride it, but no way was I going near that thing." She smiled. "I'm Gabby by the way."

"Ashlyn." I introduced myself.

"Where's your family?"

"The group with the tall one in the blue." I pointed.

"Your brother and his friends?"

"No, all my brothers."

"Woah." She grinned. "That's pretty cool. I only have one brother. He's over there, with my dad."

Her brother looked about 10 years old and seemed to be really excited about the ride.

"He hasn't stopped talking about coming here to ride The Cyclone since he got given a voucher for his birthday." She rolled her eyes.

"We just decided to come here yesterday."

"And you got tickets!?"

"Yeah, my brother is friends with a guy who works here."

"Lucky."

We talked for a while, watching as our families moved in line, until they were able to get on the ride. We watched them get all buckled in, then made bets on who we thought would scream first. I chose River, since he was the most dramatic, and she thought her Dad would scream before her brothers, whose name was Chase.

We watched them go around and around, spinning every which way you could imagine. Although it was difficult to see, both from the speed of the ride and our location, I could tell their faces were slightly shocked. The ride was probably scarier than they'd expected.

"Bye Ashlyn." Gabby waved as she walked over to meet Chase and her dad as they got off the ride. I didn't want to risk Nick getting angry at me or getting lost, so I just waved to her and waited for them to come over to me.

"Good girl." Nick hugged me. I guess he really was stressed about me moving from my spot.

"How was the ride?" I asked.

"Terrifying. Oh my, I thought I was about to drop dead my heart was beating so fast." River exclaimed, putting a hand to his forehead and half-pretending to faint.

"It wasn't that scary," scoffed Ryan, trying to be cool.

"Mate, you screamed as if you were about to me hit by a train." Nick smirked, always having one up. Ryan shut up after that.

Next was Ryan's turn, who chose to skip since he wanted to pick and extra waterslide. Nick chose to go on the rapids but wanted me to choose something first since that one was probably going to make us really wet, even though you went on it in your clothes.

"There was one we walked past before." I shrugged. They'd all been here before and knew what to expect. Apparently, The Cyclone had only just opened, hence why they'd wanted to do it.

"The name would be helpful." Always River with the sarcastic comments.

"Just follow me." I grabbed Ryan's hand, since he happened to be closest, then dragged them in the direction I thought it was in. Although I was pretty sure we went around in a circle the first time, I took a different turn and found the ride I was looking for. "That one!"

"The canopy flyer?" Checked Austin. I nodded and they agreed, so we all got in line and waited.

We stood in line for about 15 minutes before we got to get on. Since they were in seats of two, I went with Nick, Ryan went with River and Jonah went with Austin. I liked that we were an even number and could split into threes and twos. It just...made sense.

The workers came around, making sure the safety bars were secured and we were all sitting properly. Once that was all done, they moved out of they way and the floor dropped. I giggled at the feeling of the floor disappearing beneath my feet.

A loud voice came over the speaker, preparing us for the ride, and then we took off, lurching forwards. I had made sure Nick and I were facing forwards, whereas everyone else had to face backwards.

The ride got faster and faster, dropping as it glided across the single rail in the sky. I screamed and gripped Nick's hand as he chuckled at my enjoyment.

After we had a good scare, thinking the ride was going to hit a few trees before instantly turning, the ride went back to where it had begun and came to a halt.

"Can we go again?" I jumped up and down.

"Fine with me." Nick shrugged. Everyone agreed and we lined up once again.

I'm not the most entertaining person so coming up with River's comebacks is a real effort although I don't think i'm doing too badly at the moment (hopefully).

Don't forget to VOTE and follow me @sydnie6624 . I'll be updating on my message board little details about the sequel and when I'm updating.

Comment any ideas you have for any future chapters/books and explain themmmmmm

xx