Chapter 65

After riding the Canopy Flyer a third time, Nick said we needed to eat breakfast. Everyone else had eaten something in the car, but since I'd been asleep, I only had a banana when we got here. I noticed now that I was kind of hungry, and the sooner we got to eat, the sooner we would be able to go on the waterslides. As much as they kind of scared me, I did have a little bit of water awareness, and I felt that none of the boys would be very far at all if I was around deep water.

We went back to our bags, near the café, and decided we'd get stuff to share.

I chose waffles, even though Nick didn't approve, but each of the boys got something healthy so I had to share my waffles and eat whatever they chose.

We sat and talked about which rides we were going to do next and watched the people on the ride next to us fly up this blue wall, screaming until they slid back down in these weird tubes.

"I want to do that one." Jonah commented as we watched.

The server came with the first round of plates before coming back with the second round. My waffles looked amazing and I was slightly disappointed that I had to share. They were one of the foods I'd made in a cooking class at my old school and I loved them so much that day. Every time I went to school on a Wednesday, I would hope to cook and be able to make the delicious waffles again.

"Ash, we all know I'm your favourite brother, so I really think I should get a waffle." River claimed.

Ryan scoffed. "I stayed with her on her first day here. I'm definitely the favourite brother, right Ash?" I didn't know how to respond so I just sat there awkwardly. Thankfully, the server came back with the rest of the food.

Nick got avocado toast, which I had to admit, looked pretty good. Ryan got a ham and cheese toastie, River got a berry muffin and Jonah and Austin got these weird things called croissants.

"Can I have a bite?" Austin whispered to me whilst everyone else was busy eating and chatting. I nodded and let him cut a piece off.

"Can I try yours?" He cut a piece off and put it on my plate, watching as I tried. "It's...not what I expected."

"Good or bad?"

"Neither. It's okay."

"You can get chocolate ones. I assume you'd like those better?" I grinned, giggling and nodding my head.

Nick was too busy talking and looking at the map, deciding which rides we should do and in what order. We each had already chosen one, and I chose the Superbowl, which didn't seem too scary.

We all stripped off our coverups and clothes, leaving us with just our bathers on.

"How were the waffles?" He asked as we headed to our first ride.

"Amazing." I smirked as he rolled his eyes. Nick's favourite food was probably lettuce.

Since we were going in the same order as last time, I chose not to delay my ride, so we headed to the Superbowl first.

We went in twos again, having to carry these massive tubes up millions of stairs.

"My legs hurt." I whined as we walked.

"Baby, you're only walking. We're all carrying these two!" Ryan exclaimed, laughing at me.

"Yeah but you're all big and I'm small."

"Damn right, keep moving." Nick huffed, putting his hand on my back to keep me moving.

Finally, after what felt like hours but was probably only a few minutes, we got to the top of the ride. We had to stand there for a bit, since there were other people in line, but finally we were able to get in the tubes.

"Ready?" The guy asked, helping me into the tube. Ryan tucked his legs underneath my arms as he sat in the back section of the tube. "Off you go!" He pushed us forwards, into the dark tunnel. I screamed as the speed increased, before we popped out, back where the light was. The design of this ride was like a huge bowl, hence the name. We spun around and around the edges, our circles becoming smaller until we went right into the middle, dropping into another tunnel. This tunnel was much shorter and spat us out into a small pool. I hadn't realised that bit.

I held onto the handles tight as the lifeguard pulled us to the edge.

"You alright?" Ryan asked, seeing my face.

"I'm okay." I took a deep breath. "Just didn't think we were heading towards a pool."

He hugged me, rubbing my back. "Let's watch the others come out."

Austin and Nick were next, coming out super-fast due to the weight of their tube. River and Jonah were the same.

Next we were headed to the green vipers. From Austin's explanation, there were two slides and you essentially got to race each other.

"I'm going to win." I smirked.

"No way." He challenged.

We went up the stairs again, my legs still aching from the last ride, and chose which slide we wanted to do. I raced Austin, me in the open-air slide, him in the closed/tube one.

Right as I got towards the end of the slide, I saw a huge splash on the left, meaning Austin had beat me. When I was spat out into the water, which wasn't too bad since I could feel the floor beneath my feet instantly, he grabbed my arm and yanked me out, not leaving any time for panicking.

"Thanks." I smiled. "That was fun."

We spent the rest of our time doing a heap more rides. Jonah's choice was the one near our bags, called the boomerang. It was terrifying, so I didn't enjoy that one as much. Next was the Python, which was River's choice. We went in two groups of three and I was with Nick and Austin. I screamed the entire time as we slid up and down walls, dropped down the side and got sprayed in the pitch dark. It was still fun though.

The last two were Nick and Ryan. Ryan chose the Pipelines, so we switched and did Nick's choice of the Constrictor first. I went with Ryan again, since we kept the pairs from our other tube rides. It was fun but getting out of the tube at the end was not. There was a lot of water, and the nearby ride also entered into the same pool, so we kept getting pushed forwards which was making me nervous. I probably should have had a few more swimming lessons before coming to a place like this, but it was too late now.

I passed on the last ride, which was Ryan's choice. It was a huge tube the went in a loop-to-loop and was fully enclosed. That made me nervous, plus hearing the screams from the people inside it were extremely off-putting.

"I'll go up once one of you come down." Nick said, getting a seat with me.

"They drop down from there?" I gaped, seeing where they were getting in to start the ride. Basically the worker just pressed a button, and the floor disappeared beneath the person on the ride, sending them flying down the tube.

"Chicken." He laughed.

"I would rather be a duck, thankyou very much." I quite liked ducks.

Merry Christmas from Australia!! What's your favourite traditions for the holidays?