part 1 - glances

edit: you guys i wrote this a really long time ago and it's so bad 😭😭 please go read my other stories, they're much better quality READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸
Koemi's POV

Ugh, it's too early for this.

The atmosphere in the gym is enough to wake me up. I walk with my team to our first volleyball game of the season. I look around at my teammates with their black jerseys, then down to my bright red one that stands out.

We get to our court, and I glance over at our competition. My teammates do too, because everyone gets quiet.

"Everyone on that team is at least a head taller than me!!" one of the shorter girls says, breaking the silence.

"They are pretty tall..."

I feel myself frown at their discouragement.

"Hey, don't lose hope! The game hasn't even started." I tell them.

All the girls look at me as I continue, "Sure, most of them are like, 15 feet tall," They let out a laugh "But that doesn't mean they'll win. Everyone on this team has been working hard, if we do our best we've got a shot."

"Thanks, Koemi." One of the girls says, and everyone smiles. They look at each other with determination and huddle up.

Mission accomplished

Once I step into my starting position, I focus on the girl that's up to serve first. She looks around 5'10, probably a 3rd year. I gulp as I watch her back up a few steps.

Oh god, she's going to do a jump serve.

I shake off my nerves and get ready to receive. She throws the ball in the air, steps forward, jumps, and hits it.

"It's over!" I hear my team call.

I watch the serve spin in a perfect arc above my teammates heads. It curves right into the corner. I dive to the side, but I don't manage to get there in time, earning the other team the first point. I shake it off, and get back into position.

"You'll get it next time!" the team captain reassured me.

"Thanks." I reply.

This time, I know how the girl serves. This time, the ball won't hit the ground.

She hits it over again, but I run to the spot I know it'll land. The ball hits off my forearms, right to the setter. I grin to myself.

That's more like it!

We earn the next point, and some of my teammates smile and look my way.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

30 minutes later...

    Nishinoya's POV

I step off the bus and take in the fresh air outside the gym. It's game day.

"Guys, hurry up! We're late!" The first year red-head screams, as he pushes his way towards the front of the team.

"We're only off schedule by 2 minutes, Hinata." Sugawara says, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him from jumping. "You can calm down."

Hinata takes a few deep breaths before speaking again. "I know, I'm just so excited! My first official game on the Karasuno team!" he yells.

Other people glance over, wondering why he's so jittery. Kageyama slaps the back of Hinata's head, along with giving him a death glare.