part 12 - figures

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

3rd person

"AH NO, KAI NOT ON THE FLOOR!" Koemi yells at her toddler brother, as he laughs and knocks his bowl of fruit all over the floor. "Damn it, that's definitely going to stain"

"DAMN!!" Kai yells, followed by a fit of giggles.

Koemi facepalms. "If mom catches you saying that, she's going to beat my a-...butt."

This is going to take forever to clean She thinks to herself.

She pulls out her phone and opens her text messages.

ROLLING THUNDER🥰

hey, i'm going to be a bit late to school so u

can start walking to class w/o me

read 7:42 am

Huh, that's weird. He usually always responds

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

After Koemi cleans up the mess...

She opens her phone again to check to see if a certain boy responded, but still no answer.

Ah, I'm so clingy. He probably just got distracted.

Once Koemi finishes cleaning up and the babysitter for her brother arrives at their house, she starts walking to school, the little libero never leaving her mind.

She had known she had feelings for him for a while, but still didn't want to admit it to herself.

After her father left her family, she had made a promise that she would never fall in love.

If "love" meant walking out on the only person who's supported you unconditionally, despite all your flaws; she didn't want it.

But the more and more time she spent with Nishinoya, the harder she fell.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

Koemi's POV

On the way to school...

As I walk in the crisp air down the road, I can't help but feel off. Something is different, I can feel it. I pull my backpack off my shoulder and rummage around, making sure I have all my binders.

Nope, that's not it.

I pull my phone out from my pocket, and check to see if Yuu, responded to my text.

He still hasn't..

Maybe he finally lost interest. He finally realized what a normal, average girl I am, and decided to move onto someone better.

No...He would never do that.

I push the thought out of my head as I enter the school gates, eagerly looking around for the spikey-haired boy. While walking to homeroom, I wave to some of the volleyball boys. I spot Tanaka, talking to Kageyama and Hinata.

Huh, usually Noya talks to them in the morning

I take a deep breath before walking into the classroom. As I step inside, my eyes go to the two figures in the room.

One, a short boy with a blonde strand at the front of his hair, and another, a girl with her hands wrapped around his face, pulling him into her.

TBC

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

459 words

a/n: ooOOOoOOOO cliffhanger