part 5 - oops

Koemi's POV

Okay, first day at Karasuno, no big deal..

Ugh, who am I kidding? I've already started developing feelings for Nishinoya, despite knowing him for less than a week.

I scoff at my own thoughts, pushing him out of my brain.

I was feeling good today. I got to school on time, and I was ready to get to my first class.

Oh shit. I don't know where my classes are.

I look down at my map, which isn't helpful at all. I walk in the hallways, acting like I know where I'm going, when in reality, I'm as lost as a needle in a haystack. All I know is that I need to get to room 2B.

Okay, if that's 2D, then 2B should be..aha! I see my class!

With no common sense, I burst through the door, out of breath.

"HAH! SUCK ON THAT, YOU STUPID MAP!" I say as I throw the crumpled map in the trash.

After my little scene, I realize that the teacher, along with all of the students are staring at me. Some of the kids are laughing. I hear someone's laugh in particular. My eyes scan the room, looking for him.

Sure enough, there's Nishinoya, with a huge grin plastered across his face. I also see Tanaka, a friend of Nishinoya's and a spiker on the volleyball team. He throws his head back because he's laughing so hard.

"Miss Kanemoto?" I hear a stern voice call me. I look over at my teacher, who's giving me a death glare.

"Heh...'sup?" His face stiffens.

Oops. I should probably be a bit more polite.

"My apologies, sensei." I say with a bow. He sighs.

"Since this is your first day, I'll let you off with a warning. Just sit down"

He gestures to a seat at the front of the class, and I happily accept. I'm just glad I didn't get in big trouble on my first day.

About halfway through class, I look behind me to take a glance at the class. And by the class, I mean Nishinoya. He had his tongue stuck out in concentration, and it looked like he was doodling something on his paper, instead of paying attention to the lesson.

I realized I had been staring for quite a long time, when he looked up and we made eye contact. He makes a silly face, causing me to giggle. I put my arm up to my face to muffle my laughter.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tanaka leaning back on his chair, his eyes closed and his mouth wide open. He was drooling, clearly asleep.

I decided that I should pay attention to the teacher, as he already didn't have the best first impressions of me.

But I couldn't focus. I felt someone's stare, burning into the back of my head. I turn around, ready to throw a death glare, but to my surprise, the libero is the one staring.

When I look back into his eyes, he smiles shyly and directs his vision back to his desk.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

After class..

"So I'm guessing you had a bit of trouble this morning?" Nishinoya says to me as we walk out of the classroom, Tanaka follows close behind.

"Oh, how could you tell? My outburst at a piece of paper, or me saying "sup" to the teacher?" I reply, with a grumpy look on my face.

Tanaka started laughing again, putting his hand on my shoulder so he didn't fall over.

"That was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile!" Nishinoya joins in on laughing. I scoff and walk away.

"Our next class is the other way, dummy"

"I knew that."

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

Once school ends..

I finished my first day, and it went pretty well, besides me making a fool of myself in the morning. I had pretty much all my classes with Tanaka, Nishinoya, and another boy named Ennoshita who is also on the volleyball team. They had invited me to watch their practice, and of course, I accepted.

We got into the gym, and most of the team is already there. I only know the boys who are in my class, but I've heard Nishinoya speak highly of them.

"What's up, people?" Tanaka yells, making quite the entrance.

"Your favorite libero has arrived!" Nishinoya adds. I roll my eyes and chuckle at their enthusiasm.

I walk over to where a girl is standing. She has beautiful, dark hair, with striking eyes and facial features.

"Hi" She says quietly.

lHey." I respond. "I'm Kanamoto Koemi, but you can call me Koemi"

"Kiyoko Shimizu" she responds.

After a bit of small talk, she has their coach, Ukai call the team over to introduce themselves to me.

After we get through everyone, I'm pretty confident I'll remember their names. All of them are different, with their own looks and personalities. When they have their water break, I walk over to talk to Nishinoya, Tanaka, Hinata, and Kageyama. I found out that Hinata was the little red-head who had almost verbally assaulted me in the hallway.

When I walk over, I hear Tanaka telling the story of what happened in first period. They are all laughing, while Kageyama gives a small smile.

"There's no way!" Hinata says.

"Yes way." I say, startling him. "It wasn't one of my best moments, let's just say that." I say as I roll my eyes and turn away, so they don't see me smiling.

"It's like she had no idea where she was! It was hilarious!" Tanaka screams, announcing it to the entire school.

"Shut it, baldie! Or you're gonna be talking to my fist!" I say, smacking the back of his head.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

3rd person

The third years overhear their bickering.

"She's really something, huh?" Sugawara says, in regards to the little brunette who seemed comfortable talking to the guys as if she knew them for years.

"Heh yeah, she's kinda scary, in some weird way." Asahi says quietly. Despite being the biggest guy on the team, Koemi has picked up that he's a complete softie.

"Absolutely." Daichi responds to both of them.

"She would make a good manager, don't you think, Kiyoko?" Kiyoko looks over at Koemi and the guys, as she lectures them about how everyone makes mistakes.

Kiyoko gives a small smile. "She would."

"Back to practice!" Coach Ukai announces. The boys hustle back onto the court, eager to play.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

Later into practice...

Kageyama and Asahi practice their serves, as Nishinoya and Daichi practice receiving. The little libero throws in some extra cool moves, knowing a certain girl would be there watching. What he didn't know was that she wasn't there to just watch.

Nishinoya had been practicing with Asahi. As they warmed up more and more, Asahi's serves started getting better and better. Soon, Nishinoya found himself out of breath and missing quite a few of them.

"Can I try receiving some?"

TBC

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

1150 words