part 7 - warm

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

A few weeks later..

Nishinoya and Koemi have been getting closer everyday. They hang out during class, at the boy's practice, and text each other all night.

Although neither of them have confessed their growing feelings for each other, everyone can feel the tension between them.

Koemi has been attending every practice she can, getting closer to the team as well. Kiyoko constantly thinks about how she would be a great team manager.

Koemi tried out for the girls volleyball team, even though they were already partly into the season when she transferred.

The captain immediately recognized her talent, and made her the official libero. Of course, she was excited to tell the boys. They congratulated her, but were sad that she wouldn't be able to come to their practices anymore.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

After practice one night...

Koemi's POV

My practice got cancelled again today. I feel like the girls on the team aren't committed enough, so not many people show up to practice. I was packing up my stuff in the boy's gym, getting ready to walk home.

"Are you walking home alone, Koemi?" Suga asks.

"Yeah, it's not that far though." I respond.

Him and the team say that they would feel better if someone walked me home, since it's pretty late.

"I'll do it!" I look over to see Nishinoya, walking out of the storage room after helping put away the net. I blush and immediately put my hand over my face, so nobody could see my bright red cheeks.

"Ooo, is Little Miss Shorty blushi-" I jab my elbow into Tskukkishima's stomach before he can finish, causing him to grunt in pain. Noya and the team look over, confused.

"As I was saying," Tsuki clears his throat. "Koemi was bl-"

"HAHAHA I THINK IT"S TIME FOR US TO GET GOING!" I say loudly over his voice as I grab Noya's hand and run out.

Once we were a safe distance away from the gym, we stopped running. I look back at him, and he has a huge grin on his face.

"If you wanted to hold my hand, all you had to do was ask" He says.

Realizing I was still gripping onto his hand, I let go. I immediately miss the warmth from his hand in mine, and shiver from the cold air. Noya must have noticed me shaking, and stopped walking.

Without looking back, I say "h-hey, why'd you-"

I feel a warm jacket wrap around my shoulders. It's a bit big on me, but I like it.

I look back at him, seeing him in a white short-sleeved t-shirt.

"N-Noya, you're gonna get sick!" I tell him with a worried voice. He giggles, and gives me a huge smile.

"I'll be okay, it looks better on you anyway."

I think my heart might have just exploded right there.

We continue walking towards my house. I notice Noya slightly shivering now. I pull his arm towards me and give him a big hug, reaching up and putting my arms around his neck. Even though he's not much taller, I still had to go on my tip toes.

I noticed him tense up at first, but he quickly relaxes and wraps his arms around my waist, melting into the hug. I feel his hot breath on my neck, as I bury my face into his shirt. He smells slightly of vanilla, making me close my eyes to take it in. We stay like this for a little bit, just holding each other.

We pull ourselves away from each other, and I look into his eyes. With the gentle light from the moon, they look absolutely amazing. I could stare at them forever and not once get bored. We both smile and keep walking.

"I hope you aren't cold anymore." I say quietly.

He doesn't respond, just grabs my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. My face turns bright red, but hopefully he can't see because of the darkness.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

At Koemi's house...

We get to my doorstep, and I thank him for walking me home.

"I-it's no problem," he stutters. I giggled, and cracked the door open, before forgetting something.

I lean up and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Yuu~" I say, and quickly run inside and shut the door.

After I'm inside, I smile to myself.

Oh my god I DID NOT JUST DO THAT

I put my hand on my chest and feel my rapid heartbeat. My mom walks down the stairs with my little brother, Kai, in her arms.

"How was school, sweetie?" My mom asks as she sets my brother down at the dinner table.

"It was really good!" I say, still in a good mood from my walk home.

"I'm really sorry you had to switch schools, but after your father left, I just couldn't keep up with the-"

"Mom, it's fine" I tell her. "I understand, and as soon as I'm done with school, I'm getting a job to help you." She smiles and sets a bowl of mashed potatoes down for my brother. He happily starts eating them, smearing them all over his face. I giggle at him as I run up the stairs.

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

3rd person

Later into the night, both Koemi and Noya are thinking about their walk.

He gave me his jacket Koemi thought to herself. She wears it to bed that night, inhaling his sweet scent while dreaming about him.

She called me by my first name Noya thought, with a huge grin on his face. He put his fingertips on his face where she gave him a peck, and went to sleep happier than he's been in a very long time.

TBC      

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

860 words