Four

If it wasn't for a terrible headache I would've slept in. I sat up in my bed and groaned, but something didn't feel right. I ran my fingers over the blanket, and it was definitely unfamiliar. My eyes popped open in panic and I looked around the bedroom. It was definitely not mine.

I tried my hardest to recall the events of last night. Let's see, Haku picked me up so we could go to the bar, said she was paying, and then I drank. A lot.

I began to worry again. Why was I in a stranger's bed? What happened last night? Imagine, me in a one night stand. That would completely go against everything I stood for.

I heard someone clanking around in the kitchen, so I got up. I was still wearing my clothes, so that was good. I was dizzy from my hangover, and I had to grip onto the headboard to regain my balance. Some stuff on the nightstand caught my eye, and I realized that my wallet was sitting there. I grabbed it and then read the note sitting next to it. Apparently the clothes on the nightstand were left for me to borrow. All I found was an oversized T-shirt and a scarf. What was I supposed to do with a scarf in June??

After deciding to stay in my regular clothes, I bravely ventured into the kitchen to see just who I had gone home with. It was... "Kaito?"

The blue-haired guy turned to me. "Good morning, Mei-chan! I hope you slept alright!"

"Why are you calling me that? How do you know my name?" I kept my distance from him.

He flipped the pancakes over in the griddle. "Ah, I guess you don't remember anything."

"What happened?" I pressed again, the slightest hint of fear in my voice.

"Take a seat," he motioned to the table. "Let me get the ice cream and then I'll tell you."

Ice cream? Why in the world would we need ice cream? He grabbed the carton out of the freezer, got the plates and forks, and set the large stack of pancakes in front of us. He then grabbed some for himself and then proceeded to scoop a glob of vanilla ice cream to top his pancakes with. "Oh, that is nasty."

"No, it's actually quite good!" He beamed. "Try some!"

"Uh, no thanks, I'm not that hungry."

Kaito popped up. "Oh, where are my manners? Would you like anything to drink?"

"Just water," I was thirsty.

He got two glasses of water and set them on the table. "Now, about yesterday. So I was just on my way home from work- I had the ice cream cart, remember? I saw you at the park!"

"Yeah, I know," I responded flatly.

"Right, so, I noticed someone had left their wallet on a bench, and your ID was inside. That's how I learned your name," he grinned. "I like it a lot, by the way!"

My expression didn't change. "Whatever, just keep going."

"Okay! Well, I followed the address to your house, and this nice lady said you had just gone to the bar and that you might need your wallet," Kaito continued.

I facepalmed. "I'm such an idiot, I can't believe I forgot it. Haku paid for everything last night, so I didn't even notice it was gone."

"Well, that's why I brought it to you!" he smiled again. "By the time I got there, you were suuuuuper drunk, and I wanted to make sure you were home safe, so I brought you here!"

I leaned back in my chair. "I didn't say anything dumb, did I?"

"Let's see..." his cheeks broke into a blush and he giggled. "You said my hands were soft."