𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

Draco was once again staring at Hermione. He was waiting for 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.

You might be wondering what is this something? Well he was waiting for her smile. Yes her smile.

To everyone else it was just a normal 18 year old girl smiling but to Draco, that meant so much more. Why? Simple. Seeing her bright happy smile made Draco's heart melt.

The way her eyes twinkle when she's talking about books, the way she lightly bounces up and down when she's got news, and Merlin the way she smiles..it could light up the whole damn room.

He always wanted to be the reason for her smiles but he couldn't even go near her. He was scared of what his father might've done if he ever found out about Draco's feelings for a muggle born.

But his father was in Azkaban. After the war Draco's father had a life sentence to Azkaban leaving Draco and his Mother safe and happy now.

After the war things had changed around the Malfoy Manor. Narcissa had re decorated everything from black, green and gray to white and light neutral colors.

With Lucius gone, Narcissa and Draco both left their old racist ways into dust and were now a happy family of two.

𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳. 𝘔𝘦, 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘞𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦. Draco thought before taking a deep breath, standing up and walking over to the Gryffindor table.

"Oi Granger!" Draco smiled, pulling Hermione up from her seat towards his chest.

"M-Malfoy? What are you doing!" Hermione asks, not daring to meet Draco's aqua blue eyes.

Draco took a deep breath before saying "Can I confess something?"

"What?" Hermione says, still not looking at the blonde slytherin.

"You're smile is the prettiest thing I've seen"

Hermione's eyes widened as she looked up at Draco her face full of shock and confusion.

Everyone in the great hall sat watching the scene play out. Harry, Ron, Ginny, Blaise and Pansy secretly cheering in the side.

Hermione looked at Draco for any sign that this was a joke. It wasn't. She could see his eyes filled with love and desire.

She smiled "can I confess something aswell?"

Draco felt his heart skip a beat, he saw her smile up close. He slowly nodded, slightly confused "this smile only comes around when I'm with you" she says.

Draco's eyes brightened and he smiled back at the small Gryffindor. He leaned in pressing their foreheads together.

"I love you, Hermione Granger"

He closes the little gap between them, placing a gentle kiss on her soft pink lips.

It was gentle but it was also filled with so much passion, lust, and desire. The moment he had been waiting for finally came. He kissed her. He kissed Hermione Granger.

Everyone in the great hall had their jaws dropped. The Gryffindor princess and Slytherin prince were snogging right in front of them.

Ron cleared his throat trying to contain his laughter "um I think you guys are forgetting you're at the great hall, snogging in front of all students and professors"

Draco internally groaned, reminding himself that he'd finish this later. He slowly pulled away from Hermione, he immediately saw her bright smile and that melted him.

"I love you too, Draco Malfoy"