Chapter I

"Mandu!" I said as I gathered all my strength to lift her up, like a bag of rice, as steady as I could. This woman keeps on pestering me about some shit news she heard. Decided to just jump at me while I was peacefully sitting on her love seat.

"Put me down!" She shouted and angrily smacking my back, her legs wiggling.

"Can you stop? Or I would not hesitate to throw you at your window." I said, she immediately stopped wiggling and I was glad she actually listened. I put her on the sofa and looked down at her. She looked up at me with a scowl on her pretty face, her cheeks puffing as she pouts, her eyebrows knitted together.
I chuckled, such a fury kitten.

"What are you on, kitten?" I asked her which she only replied with a huff and crossed her arms, still intently looking at me.

"That," I started as I chuckled one more time. I got on my knees to level my eye on hers. Stroked her mandu cheeks with my right palm. She immediately leaned in, her demeanor already changing. She looked at me softly.

"That's the stupidest thing you could believe in, Jennie." I said in a whisper, I didn't mean to but it came out that way, so be it. She smiled, her famous gummy smile that could melt me, every fucking time. This is the side of her that I, of all people, have the privilege to see.

"But Irene was, no, IS a bitch." She said

"Surely, you could already tell if she's messing with you or not, Jennie. She's your best friend." I said chuckling. She arched her right eyebrow at me. I stood up, lift her again, her legs instantly wrapped around my waist. I lay us down the sofa, with her on top of me. Our legs tangled as she gets to a comfortable position, her head is against my chest.

"She's not the best of a best friend. She's a bitch." She retorted, I groaned in frustration at her stubbornness. I caressed her hair as I kissed the top of her head. She relaxed at my touch.

"Care to elaborate the news she's given you?" I asked instead. She hummed before telling me what happened.

"She went to see Seulgi earlier today. Said that as she's nearing the gym, she could see some students looking at something. She got curious and said she was going to see it herself." Her hand that is rested on my neck turned into a fist, scrapping her nails on my skin. I hissed at the sharp sensation.

"When was the last time you trimmed your nails, Ruby Jane?!" I hissed but she ignored me. This would leave a mark. Fuck!

"Then she saw you, and that bitch named Krystal, making out." She glared at me when I snorted. I stopped midway my laugh and just smiled sheepishly.

"None of that happened, Mandu." I said and started stroking her hair again. "I could agree with you this time." She hummed.

"Irene is a bitch." I continued and we both chuckled. Seriously, Irene really love to tease Jennie and the only way she could piss Jennie, according to her, is when my name is included.

"There's more." She said after a while, "Rumor has it that you dragged that bitch in your room. Now, Manoban, do that or I will surely kill you the moment I got that proven." She warned and slapped my chest. I yelped

"Fuck! Some bitches you are. You, Irene and Chae." I said as I shook my head. She giggled.

"Have you fallen in love, Lili?" She asked suddenly. My heart skipped a beat and started to pumped harder against my chest. Before I could worry about her hearing it, she beat me into it and chuckled.

"Careful, you might die. So, I take it, you have." She said, "With whom, though?"

"Must we really talk about this, Jennie?" I ask instead. There is no fucking way I'd tell her who. At least not at this moment, not this soon.