꧁𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺꧂

"Can I help you?" An elderly woman asks as she opens the door.

"Hi, um, my name is Austyn. I was wondering if Daniel happened to be home?" I ask biting my lip nervously.

"Oh, Austyn I've heard so much about you Dear. Daniel has talked about you all week. Come in. Come in" she says happily. The older woman opens the door wider for me to walk past her and enter the house.

"Thank you" I whisper as I walk by.

"Daniel sweetheart someone is here to see you" the woman calls upstairs. As I wait for him to come downstairs I look around the living room and see a bunch of pictures.

One in particular caught my eye. It was an older woman and a man with a little boy sitting between them. I pick up the picture frame and see that the little boy looks a lot like Daniel.

"That's my mom and dad with me when I was in fifth grade," a voice says behind me. I jump and turn around quickly to meet the blue eyes I love looking into.

"Hey I just came over to give you your jacket back," I say removing the jacket off my arm and handing it to him.

"You could've kept it ya know? It looks way better on you than it does me" he replies smirking a bit looking down at the fabric. He hands it back to me and I look at him.

"You sure?" I ask. He just nods his head and I slide the black denim fabric over my arms.

"You want something to drink?" He asks walking off. I follow him and we walk into the kitchen where the older woman was.

"Uh yeah sure. Water please" I mumble.

"Daniel, why didn't you tell me your girlfriend was so pretty?" The older lady asks looking from me to Daniel. "And why haven't I met her sooner?"

"I'm not his g-girlfriend" I stutter out. My gaze falls to my fingers as my face flushes.

"Yet" I heard Daniel mutter. I don't think I was supposed to hear that. He hands me a water bottle from the fridge and motions me to follow him upstairs.

"Sorry about grandma. She always gets weird when I invite a girl over which is rare" the blue-eyed boy apologizes while walking in front of me.

"It's fine. She's a nice woman"

"That she is"

We walk into a bedroom which I guess is his mainly because he jumps onto the bed laying on his back. I just laugh at him and sit in his spinning desk chair. As soon as I sit down I kick my legs to make the chair spin in circles.

Daniel chuckles from his spot on the bed and I stop spinning to look at him. He raises his arms to his head and his shirt rides up a little to show his boxer waistband.

I can't be the only girl that thinks that when I guy has sweatpants with a little bit of boxer waistband hanging out is hot. I can't explain why it just is. Don't judge.

"Whatcha doin?" The boy asks breaking me from my thoughts. I blush and look away from his face and towards the window.

"Mhmm nothin," I say sounding somewhat convincing.

"I don't believe you. You're blushing again" he points out. I cover my face but before they touch my cheeks they're held back.

"What do I keep saying?" He asks seriously.

"That I'm cute when I blush?" I ask looking at him with my nose scrunched.

"Exactly so stop," he says tapping my nose with his finger.