꧁𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸꧂

It's been a month. A month since I had to bury one of the most special people to me. A month since I saw him for the last time.

Daniel has been trying to get me to go to therapy but I keep telling him I'm fine. I've told him that lie so many times that I'm even calling myself out on bull.

"Austyn talk to me, please. You haven't even said a word about your dad since the funeral" he says looking at me. I keep my gaze on the tv screen trying to ignore the burning sensation that's building up behind my eyes.

My panic attacks have gotten more frequent since the funeral. It mostly happens whenever someone tries to talk about dad.

Hell, I can't even think about him without my breathing acting up.

"I'm fine Dani. Drop it" I whisper. He just sighs and moves my body so I'm sitting in his lap. My back presses against the armrest of the couch and my legs cross Daniel's. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and we just sat there.

The front door opens and Zach along with everyone else walks through the door.

"What are y'all doing here?" I ask looking at all of their faces.

"We needed to talk to you," Chris says sitting on the couch.

"What is this? Some type of intervention?" I ask scoffing. They just look at each other then back at me making me scoff again.

"Unbelievable" I mutter. I try to move out of Daniel's hold but his grip gets tighter around my waist.

"Just listen baby" he whispers in my ear. I stop moving and sit still and listen to what they have to say.

"You need to talk to someone. This isn't healthy for you Austyn and seeing you like this, in pain, it's hurting the rest of us" Tate starts before I cut her off.

"I'm not in pain Tate I've excepted the truth. I'm perfectly fine and I have been since I found out"

But you're not fine.

You want to cry every second of the day.

"You're not fine. Babes. It's okay to not be fine. We-" it was Christina this time.

"You what? You can help me? Fix me? Sorry to break the news to you Chris but you can't fix something that's not broken" I attempt to get out of Daniel's grip again and I manage to get my body free but he still has a grip on my wrist.

He looks up at me with tear coated eyes and begs me to sit back down.

"Please just listen baby. I don't know what to do to help you" he whispers. I shake his hand off my arm and yank my hand back.

"That's because I can't be helped or fixed. I'm not broken. I'm perfectly fine and I always have been so if it was your goal to come over and try to fix what doesn't even need to be fixed then you can leave" I say pointing towards the door. No one moves they just stay seated.

"Ausy" I hear coming from upstairs. I look up and see Mason halfway down the stairs looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, hey, buddy what's wrong?" I asked walking towards him. He walks down the stairs and into my arms where he lets all of the tears fall freely. Small sobs escape the little boy's body as I hold him in my arms.

"I miss daddy" He cries out.

"I know you do buddy. I know" I say rubbing his back. I hold him tighter in my arms as his sobs get heavier.

The burning sensation behind my eyes gets worse and I squeeze my eyes shut to push it away.

"Shhh. You're okay" I whisper into the little boy's ear. I start swaying with him in my arms a little as I walk around the living room.