15

In a dark environment, people's senses were more acute than in the daytime. The smell on him, the warm feeling he emanated against her back, and the sound of his breathing. All of it she felt it clearly. Even the warm breath blowing on her ear made her feel numb as if she had received an electric shock.

His very being enveloped her to the point that she was so stiff she could hardly move.

It was all so unexpected and so out of character for him. They had been respectful to each other before so she hadn't thought he would hug her at all.

She, lacking any mental preparation whatsoever, was totally at a loss when she faced him at ordinary times.

So, what should she do now?

She felt her heart beating like a drum, and it took her a long time to find her voice. "I.......I'm going to get some water." she stammered.

Frankly, she was just casually looking for reasons to soothe air of helplessness that had by now permeated the room.

He was silent for a moment before snapping the light on.

Unlike her, who was stiff and at a loss, he looked calm. He rolled over, got out of bed and said to her: "I'll pour it for you."

He had been away for a long time, but she could still not recover from the tension. It was as if his breath and his warmth remained by her side, hanging over her like an invisible net.

Feeling more perplexed than ever, she leaned against the head of bed to soothe her heartbeat. She glanced sideways and saw that Xiao Yuan was taken to the other side. He slept soundly, but he lay alone on the side of the bed, covered by a quilt, looking a little pitiful.

Yi Zeyan came back in a moment, put the cup on the bedside table, and then sat down at the bedside, a little closer to her.

She took the cup, thanked him and gulped down the water, afraid to look at him the whole time.

"Are you afraid of me?"

Lin Qingqing didn't look at him and shook her head.

"You were having nightmares just now. I was afraid you might frighten the Little One, so I hugged you. It was better that way." (E/N: Ohhh really, Yi Zeyan?? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

So, it was like that ah.

"Was I being presumptuous?" Although he said apologetic words, there was a smile in his tone showing that he was in a happy mood.

"No." Lin Qingqing replied in a low voice.

He did not speak any more, went to the other side of the bed and moved Xiao Yuan a little in the middle. He covered Xiao Yuan and her with one side of the quilt, pulled the other side and laid in. Then he said to her: "Let's sleep. Good night."

Lin Qingqing lied down on the bed and he pressed the light switch. Soon the surroundings fell into darkness again.

The tension from earlier still lingered for a long time so Lin Qingqing hugged Xiao Yuan and finally felt better. Slowly and unconsciously, she fell asleep.

The next day, she woke up before the father and son pair. Glancing at her side, she still slept beside Xiao Yuan. Yi Zeyan was separated from her by Xiao Yuan in the middle.

He lay quietly in bed with his eyes closed. Unlike the invisible strength of his usual body, he seemed very peaceful when he fell asleep. Lying next to him, Xiao Yuan slept like a log. However, when she looked at him, she saw him kick the quilt away while his little hand scratched on his stomach.

So cute ah!

Lin Qingqing was filled with a sense of satisfaction. Inexplicably happy, she used the quilt to cover her little one, kissed him on his little face, and looked up at the sleeping face of the man lying next to him. Suddenly, she thought of the hug from last night, and with a blush on her face, she hurried out.