the first petal

The day passed slowly and soon enough it was lunch time. noya went up to the roof, and waited for tanaka. after 5 minutes, he arrived and they sat down together. "ok so you want to tell me why your so down?"

"well... its about asahi actually. i dont know his opinions on lgbt. and even if he is gay or bi, im sure he wouldn't like me. he's probably already got someone that he likes, and im never gonna be with him..." i feel a few tears slip from my eyes, and tanaka starts so comfort me as best he can.

"hey, its okay man! you dont know that for sure!"

"im positive. im nothing special." tanaka slaps me.

"you listen here. you say your nothing, but your amazing! your the guardian of the volleyball team! you say your nothing special, but you along with hinata both find ways to bring up moods, and encourage all of us!" i look up at him, speechless. "Whats more, your my best bro! you need to stop these thoughts!"

i start to laugh. "thanks bro, i needed that. i guess im just scared."

"no prob man." he says and hugs me.

we eat our lunch and i try and keep my mind off of asahi, but it always comes back to him. i get sad again thinking im not gonna have a chance with him. after all, im just his kohai. he probably doesn't think of me like that. suddenly i get a coughing fit, and cover my mouth with my hand. tanaka starts to panic! (at the disco! sorry but im not sorry)

"BRO YOU OKAY?" he askes me and i nod my head. he pats my back to get the coughing to calm down. im coughing for a while, but i dont understand why. when i stop coughing into my hand i grab my water bottle with my other hand, the hand i coughed into in my lap. i can feel something in my hand, and just think its a lugie, so im about to grab a tissue from my bag, when tanaka screams.

"tanaka what is it?" i ask confused. he has a terrified expression on his face and hes shaking. he points to my hand that i coughed in. im confused, but i look at the palm of my hand. my eyes go as wide as saucers.

there in my hand, is a single flower petal.

it belonged to a purple rose.

and i just coughed it up...

an: 420 words! hey!