what now?

i sit in the bathroom stall thinking to myself. im not sure what i should do. my mind is jumbled. 'calm down nishinoya. try and get what you know in order.' i think to myself. its a tip i received from suga, in case i cant fully process something, or i dont know what to do. like now for instance.

'ok, so i have this rare disease, that is basically going to kill me if i dont confess to asahi that i like him. thing is, i cant tell him i like him to his face, because every time i get near him, i start coughing. besides, he would probably reject me anyways- aw shit!' 

i feel like im going to puke, and i lean over the toilet. im coughing and gagging for a while, and i feel myself throw up, but my eyes are sqeezed shut. i dont know what it is. did i eat something bad? but something is bothering me. i didnt hear the splash. 

i grab some tp, and wipe my mouth, and throw it in the toilet, and i open my eyes, just for them to go as wide as saucers. 

3.

there's 3 petals, floating on the top of the water. and i notice a bit of purple sticking out from under the tp i threw in there. that's at least 4 petals! i... what do i do? im so confused, and honestly, kind of scared. im dying. i cant do anything about it. i pull out my phone and google 'ways to suppress hanakai.' its not like i know what else i could do. i scroll through, and i see an ad, for some pills that will help suppress the effects of the disease. it wont stop the disease from spreading though, but it will stop the effects for an hour. its at the drug store near school too! also lucky me, its over-the-counter. 

lunch has already passed though, so i would need to get them during practice, since the store closes at 6. as much as i dont want to, im going to have to skip practice. i have some money on me, since my mom knows i usually get meat buns after school for the two of us. i guess im going to have to explain, a, why im home early, b, why i dont have meat buns, and c, why i have pills instead. but in the meantime, i have to run back to class. 

the day goes by slowly, and im trying to figure out what to tell daichi. i need to tell him something on why i cant be at practice. i come up with an excuse, and after my final class head to the gym with tanaka. "hey, good news and bad news. witch first?"

"bad."

"okay then double bad, one, i wont be at practice since i need to get some pills to suppress what i have, and the only drugstore that sells them, closes at 6, and practice runs till 8. also im apparently dying." tanakas eyes go wide.

"if your dying then what the fuck is the good news?!"

"the good news is, i found out what i have. its some disease called hanakai. it causes the person who has it to cough up flower petals. i found an article about it, and i can send it to you if you want?"

"please do. anyways what do you plan on telling daichi?"

"ive already come up with something."

"alright man, im going to trust you." we get to the gym. and i go up to daichi. 

"hey, i cant be in practice today."

"huh? why's that noya?"

"well, my mom is wrapped up at work, and needs me to pick up a prescription for her. thing is, the drug store we use, closes at 6, and she gets off work at 7. it wasn't ready by her lunch break, when is when she would have picked it up, but since its not, she needs me to get it. she called me after her lunch, saying that she needed me to pick it up. i just got my phone back from having it being taken away, but the teacher let me answer the call it since it was my mom."

"okay noya. go ahead and get what it is your mom needs. be here tomorrow though."

"yep!" and with that i left the gym. i was on my way to the drugstore, and it took me 20 minutes to get there. i went through the isles, until i found it. it was 500 yen, and i had about 1000 yen on me. meat buns and curry buns cost about 250 yen, so i think i should be able to pick some up after all. i pay for the pills, and head home. i picked up a curry bun, and a pork bun on the way home. when i came in, my mom was confused. 

"noya, honey, why are you home early?"

"well, i had to grab something at a store. only this store." i say holding up the bag.

"noya, thats a drugstore. what was so important you had to get it yourself, and skip practice?" i pull out the pill bottle, and show her, and my moms eyes go wide. "H-hanakai p-p-pills? noya, y-you have hanakai?" i nod, and my mom pulls me into a hug. i break down, and start crying. my mom sits with me on the couch, and rubs my back. after a little while, i calm down. "who is it?"

"What do you mean?"

"who is it you love?" i dont want to answer. "noya, honey, please tell me."

"do you promise not to be disgusted?"

"okay i can guess from that, its a boy. and no i wont be. your father is bi, and i have no problem with that at all."

"wait dads bi too?"

"oh yeah. hes a mess of a bisexual, and i love him. honestly, we've known you were bi, before you even realized it, because you act just like your dad. it was easy to see. now tell me, who is it?"

"its... its asahi..."

"the ace from your volleyball team?" i nod. "well that explains why you had to get the pills during practice. can you recognize what flower your coughing up?"

"yeah. its just petals right now, but its roses. i can tell by looking at them, since we have so many in the garden." my moms eyes go wide.

"ROSES?! noya! how long?" 

"what?"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COUGHING UP ROSE PETALS?!" my mom shouts. she only shouts when shes stressed, and its no surprise shes stressed.

"it only started today, but ive had bad coughing for a couple of days now. the first petal came during lunch. also the funnniest thing happened."

"what in gods name could e funny at a time like this?"

"well, me and tanaka were eating lunch when the first petal came, and we were both freaking out, and in our panic, we completely forgot google exists." my mom ends up laughing.

"okay, that is funny, but noya, be careful. i have half a mind to take you to the hospital right now, but since it only started today, im not going to right away. but if it gets really bad, and i mean, you start coughing up blood, you tell me immediately. i would prefer you to get the surgery to remove the flowers, but i cant force you to do so. so just tell me if you start vomiting blood. okay?" i nod. we eat the food i brought, and watch movies to get our minds off of this. we both need to right now.