THREE

You were anxious to find out why he wanted to meet up at a diner. His message seemed so urgent, like he wanted to tell you something, or maybe just shout at you like you did to him.

You checked the weather on your phone- 56 degrees- so you threw on a knit sweater and a pair of dark washed mom jeans, completing the outfit with your white high top converse.

You left your hair as is, letting your it fall over your shoulders. You opted for simple makeup, not wanting to apply much at ten in the morning.

You applied mascara onto your lashes and brushed on a small amount of blush onto your cheeks, running mint lip balm over your lips.

You grabbed your bag and keys and walked out of the door, locking it behind you. It was 9:40 and the diner was 15 minutes away. Perfect.

You got into your car and turned it on, driving out of the parking lot and onto the road. You grew nervous as the time passed by, the clock ticking closer and closer to 10 o'clock.

It was difficult to read Spencer, he was private and remained to himself, but yet again you were the same way. The team always wondered why you didn't understand him, why a genius couldn't connect with another genius, but that was simply not how it worked.

You gripped the steering wheel as you turned into the parking lot, your knuckles turning white. You parked in the far corner of the diner so you could give yourself time to calm down.

You unbuckled your seatbelt and grabbed your bag, taking in a shaky breath. You opened the car door and walked out, the cold air hitting your face like a bus.

You rethought your choice as you walked up to the entrance, a tall man holding the door open for you. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to immediately give in, but you just wanted to hear what he had to say.

The smell of breakfast foods filled your nose, the clattering of silverware against plates booming in your ears. You spotted Reid towards the back of the diner, sitting in a small booth, his hands set out in front of him.

You slowly paced over to him, feeling your legs wobble. You tapped the table lightly, catching his attention as you scooted into the booth.

"Are you hungry?"

You shook your head, "I'm fine," you pursed your lips, placing your hands on the table, beginning to pick at your cuticles again.

"Those are your favorite words." He said, his shoulders sagging, "You've said them seven hundred and thirty times since you joined the BAU."

"You actually pay attention," you stated in a monotone voice.

"I always do."

I always do? You thought, knitting your eyebrows together in a lack of understanding. Did he pay attention to you because he wanted to fire back any chance he got or because he was genuinely interested in you?

"Do you need anything?" you broke the silence, your eyes glancing down at Reid who was in a navy blue crew neck, his hair disheveled, like he just woke up.

"I can't have breakfast with you?"

You rolled your eyes, "You hate me Reid."

"No I don't." He grinned as he took a sip from his coffee. You wanted to knock that devilish grin from his face- the way his lips turned up to the point where he looked just like the grinch.

"You know- if you want me to leave, I will. I'll ask Prentiss for the resignation papers on Monday." You breathed out.

You were exhausted from arguing back and forth, the constant retaliation between you every single day, even if there wasn't a case. It kept you on your toes but as time passed by, it only crushed you further into dust.