TWELVE

warnings: mentions of alcoholism

You wake next to Reid again, this time in your bed rather than his. You thought you would be sleeping alone, but he didn't let you. When you got back to your apartment on Sunday night, he begged you to let him stay, and you felt horrible letting him leave. You've been sleeping with him by your side every night for the past week and a half, but you haven't grown tired of him.

He smells like peppermint, and that scent has now registered into your mind as safety. You feel protected whenever you're around him, whether that be a good or bad thing. You're growing smitten of him, which isn't something that's supposed to happen.

You're supposed to hate him, hate every inch of him, but you don't. You like the feeling. You feel euphoria whenever you kiss him, when you hug him, when you touch him. And you hope he feels the same way.

But those feelings have to be put on pause. For your sake.

You gaze into his eyes, ignoring the blaring sound of the alarm. You offer a warm smile, the small light in the corner of your room illuminating his face. He reciprocates the smile then turns over, shutting off the alarm. He gets up from bed and stretches, his shirt lifting up to reveal his toned stomach and happy trail.

You stare for a moment, finding yourself lost in the way he looks, but you immediately avert your stare when he catches you looking.

A warm red blush creeps up your neck as you get up, the heat only intensifying. He notices every single thing that happens, laughing at the sight of you rush out of the room.

He follows after you and sneaks up behind you, his hands wrapping around your torso. He begins tickling you and you instantly kick your feet, laughing and squirming under his grasp. "Reid!" you exclaim.

"You just love staring at me, don't you," he replies. He continues tickling you, letting out quiet "ow's" with every kick.

He sets you down after a moment, your heavy breaths syncing together. You brush your hair back and fan yourself with your hand, attempting to cool yourself down. "Why did you do that?" you ask.

"Wanted to see if you were-"

A loud knock pulls you from your moment. You look at Reid, his eyes set on yours as well, waiting to see if the person knocks again. They knock again, and you swivel around, quietly and slowly walking towards the door. You check the peephole and let out a long breath, dreading the moments to come.

You unlock the door and open it, the bright Miss Penelope Garcia standing in front of you, your eyes straining as you take in the dozens of colors she's wearing. Today is rainbow day, you suppose. "Hey Penelope, wh-what are you doing here at six in the morning?" you ask, loudly saying her name so Reid can hear .