EIGHTEEN

"Y/N?"

"Y/N?"

You shift in your seat, daydreaming about Spencer. After you both had sex for the first time in your relationship, you can't stop replaying the memory in your head.

"Y/N?"

You snap out of your daydream, flicking your eyes up to Penelope who's staring down at you. "Yes?" You ask, steadying your breaths, flushing away the fluttering butterflies in your stomach.

She draws her eyebrows, her eyes squinting as though she's using the profiling skills she's acquired over the years. She laughs after a moment of studying you, her hand coming up to her mouth.

You clear your throat, growing nervous from the loud laughter that fails to die down. "What? Penelope why are you laughing?" She quickly grabs your hand and you immediately stand, stumbling behind her while she leads you to her cave. She types in her code, her grip around your hand still tight and suffocating.

She pushes open her door and pushes you inside, sitting you down on the counter closest to the door. "I'm not sure if you noticed, but you were staring at Spencer the entire time," she says, a laugh bubbling in her throat. "So tell me, what did you guys do?"

A beat of silence takes place and you stare wide-eyed at the curious tech-analyst standing in front of you. Daydreaming in the office is a rule you set when you caught feelings for Spencer, but that rule was quickly broken after the first week of working with the team. And what sucks the most is that Spencer knows about your daydreaming as well, yet fails to "help you out."

"Spill it!"

You roll your eyes, huffing as you come to the conclusion that you have to tell Penelope, or else she'll force it out of you. "Fine, me and Spencer," you hesitate, pursing your lips. You don't have to tell her the rest, because she already knows what you're going to say.

She bounces up and down, her eyes practically bulging out of her sockets. "Oh my god!" She shouts, so loud your ears pop. You jolt up and cover her mouth with your hand, shushing her as she squirms underneath you.

"Penelope, please don't yell! People are working," you whisper sternly between your gritted teeth. You keep your hand glued to her face, nodding your head to try and settle her down. She continues to wave her hands around, her cotton candy breath hitting your glued hand.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Spencer and Luke stumble in, both with a concerned expression spread across their faces.

"Que pasó?" Luke asks, his jaw tightened from the scare.

"Nada. Dile a tu novia que deje de gritar," you reply, removing your hand from her mouth. You step back, immediately regretting the cold tone that overtook your voice. You brush your hand on your pants, teething your bottom lip between your teeth as Penelope finally calms down.

She huffs a laugh, clearly unfazed by the slight bitchiness that won your words. She points at you, then looks at Spencer, squinting her eyes like she's holding a precious secret-- which she is.  "You did something."