FOUR

warning: somewhat of a mention of alcohol addiction, physical abuse

warning: somewhat of a mention of alcohol addiction, physical abuse .

You pursed your lips and nodded your head, digging into your purse for your keys. You took them out and pushed them in the lock, turning the doorknob to reveal your apartment.

As you opened the door, you noticed the bottles of tequila and whiskey scattered across your apartment. You rushed inside and began picking them up, but it completely failed- Reid was already blabbering.

"You shouldn't drink. Not excessively at least. Women are proven to be highly vulnerable to the effect of alcohol on the brain. Women and Men share the same-"

"Learning and memory problems from alcohol addictions but most alcoholic women with memory loss conditions claim to have begun excessively drinking half as long as alcoholic men," you picked up the bottles and threw them in the trash, guilt coursing through your body.

Drinking wasn't good, especially if you wanted to keep your high IQ and smarts, but it was difficult. Extremely difficult. Reid was now your friend, which was crossed off of the list of things that made you miserable, but your parents in the hospital was still written in permanent ink.

"Are you," he gulped, "Okay?" his eyes were downcast, like he knew the answer but still wanted to ask to make sure.

"We're talking about you tonight, not me."

You opened the fridge door, the cold air whipping your body like a sharp belt. You grabbed two bottles of water and closed the door, swiveling back around and walking towards Reid to hand him the bottle.

His fingers brushed past yours as he took the bottle from your hands, the coldness from the object vanishing, replaced with heat flooding throughout your body. Your eyes glanced down to his arm to see the blue veins that stood out, connected together like a path on a map.

You pulled your hand away but Reid gripped onto your wrist, stopping you from moving away any further. "I want to know if you're okay Y/N. Just because i've seemed to hate you for so long doesn't mean I don't care."

The comment made your cheeks fill in red pigment, the anger rushing into your bloodline like fire set to a trail of gas. He continued to say how he cared so much about you although he acted so cruel towards you for so long. It seemed sketchy to you in a way. How someone was so defiant and malice one second then nice and loving the next.

You pulled your hand free and glared into his brown eyes, the darkness lifting, turning them a warm honey tone. "I know you don't care Reid," you said. "If you cared you wouldn't have been such a bitch."

His hand lingered above your skin, his sudden touch shooting up the tiny hairs on the back of your neck. His touch was like electricity, only he electrocuted you every time he laid any part of his onto you. You noticed yourself growing attached to Reid and you hated yourself for not controlling those feelings. You couldn't stop them, and you didn't want to.