TEN

warnings: mentions of alcohol addiction, vomit, suicide

You sit in your chair, flipping your pen in hand as you stare down at your paperwork. You feel yourself dozing off, your head lowering down every few seconds. You try to fight the sleep that is threatening to take you under, failing continuously as you close your eyes for a few minutes.

Matt throws a paper ball at your head each time you close your eyes for longer than a minute, giving you the same cluster of words after every throw: "If you keep dozing off, the ball will get bigger."

You ignore his comments and continue fighting the urge to take a nap on your desk. But as you fail to listen, the balls definitely get bigger.

He throws another ball and this time, it hurts. "Ow!" you exclaim, rubbing the top of your head with your hand. "Did you put a battery in this thing or what?"

He claps his hands and leans back in his chair. "No, just an eraser."

You pick up the ball and throw it back to him, using all of your force. "Is this what having fifty kids does to a man?"

He grimaces as the ball hits him, a small "ouch" leaving his lips. "Haha, very funny Doctor," he replies.

"Alright kids, behave. Or I'll ground you both," says JJ in a monotone voice.

You roll your eyes and stand up, grabbing your coffee mug before pushing in your chair. You make your way towards the small kitchen area, opening the door to see Reid leaning against the counter, Luke standing next to him.

You slowly walk into the kitchen, pursing your lips as you interrupt the conversation they're having. You move in next to Spencer, taking the coffee carafe and pouring the black liquid into your Harry Potter mug.

You leave your coffee on the counter and brush past Reid, opening the refrigerator door and taking out the creamer. You walk back to the counter and pour the creamer into your mug, taking a small spoon and mixing the coffee around.

"So, how are you and Garcia?" Reid asks, taking a sip of his coffee while his other hand is in his pocket.

"We're," he hesitates. "Good. We've been on a couple of dates now and-"

"You hesitated," you say. You turn around to face him, eyeing him down. You yourself are also protective over Garcia, so you must watch her back whenever someone is speaking about her. It's the general friend rule.

He knits his eyebrows together in confusion. "What?"

"You hesitated. Why did you hesitate? Is she not making you happy?" you restate, keeping your eyes on him as you take your first sip of coffee.

"S-She is. I just don't think this is the right place to talk about us."

"I don't care Luke, I don't even like you," you admonish.