SIXTEEN

warnings: mentions of rape, alcoholism

Working late at night absolutely destroys you. All you have on your mind in this moment is sleeping in bed under a pile of blankets, with Spencer next to you, of course.

This night, you and the team-minus Matt and Luke- were all stuck finishing paperwork. Matt's gone home to his daycare and Luke is- well Luke is Luke.

You, JJ, Spencer and Tara are sitting in the small kitchen, yourself pouring a cup of coffee. You think on adding creamer, but you decide not to. It's late at night and you need the small boost of energy. You place the pot back into the coffee maker and turn over to your teammates, all sitting at the small round table.

You sit down next to Spencer, his coffee mug in hand as well. "You know, I don't really understand why there's three seasons of Good Girls. I'm on the second season and they're being questioned on some murder and while I think they're doomed, I realize there's another season," you say, waving your hands around.

Spencer huffs a laugh, taking a sip from his so-called coffee. "I didn't enjoy it, it was highly inaccurate the way the paper and machines are bought for money laundering. Someone who prints counterfeit money buys all of their products on the dark web instead of looking through the correct color and sheen of paper like a catalogue."

You roll your eyes, looking at JJ and pursing your lips. "Spence, I know. I was the one telling you all of that," you state. JJ laughs quietly, picking out grapes from the small container in front of her. "All I'm saying is that if a gang leader that looked like that came to my house asking me to transport drugs and counterfeit money, I would do it."

Spencer nudges your shoulder and you avert your gaze to him, his expression dropping into a look of jealousy. You can't help but smile at the look of "really? I'm right here" displayed upon his frowning face. You place your mug on the table and drop your hand to his thigh, rubbing it in a comforting manner.

"Doesn't anybody ever go home?" 

You turn in your seat, removing your hand from Spencer's thigh. Prentiss and Rossi walk in, Rossi immediately walking towards the coffee pot. You purse your lips, dragging your mug to your lips. "Well, you're both here," you say.

"Exactly. I should be on my porch sipping on some of my single malt scotch whiskey, not here with you all," Rossi replies in a sassy tone.

Prentiss cracks a smile, leaning down and taking a couple of grapes from JJ. "I don't think you should revolve your life around me, I choose to stay at home with Sergio when I get the chance."

You all let out a syncopated laugh, yours more tired than the teams. You've been spending these last couple of nights with Spencer, but you're still unable to sleep. Every night, you stare up at the ceiling, over thinking every situation that's taken place since your attempt. You cry silently, suppressing your sobs so you won't wake Spencer who's lying on your chest.