Chapter 2: The Alleys

Lunch was a fairly uneventful meal, with the exception of the twins setting off a handful of Filibuster's Fireworks. After the meal Mrs. Weasley gathered Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and the twins for the trip to Diagon Alley. Before they went through the floo network Harry brought up his dream from a few weeks ago. He told the Weasleys about the Death Eaters that were supposed to be waiting for him to go for his school supplies. It was Hermione that came up with the simple solution.

"We could put a glamour spell on him. He wouldn't be recognised."

Mrs. Weasley took out her wand and waved it over the Boy-Who-Lived. Seconds later a 15 year old blond boy with sparkling blue eyes stood in his place. The round chunky glasses were replaced with rather stylish thin silver frames, and most important of all, his scar was gone. Grinning in thanks, Harry moved to take a pinch of floo powder. Before he had chance to leave, Ginny brought up the obvious problem.

"It's all well and good disguising Harry, but if there are Death Eaters waiting, and they the six of us turn up with a strange boy, they'll work it out. They may be evil, but I doubt they're stupid."

A quick notice-me-not spell took care of the last problems and, before he knew it, Harry was standing in front of the Burrow's main fireplace. I hope I don't end up in the wrong place again, he thought, as he threw the floo powder into the grate and called out, as clear as he could, "Diagon Alley."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Leakey Cauldron was as busy as ever. The noise level dropped at the new arrivals, but quickly went back up when they realised it was no-one interesting. Harry revelled in his disguise. Finally, I don't have everyone staring at me. This must be what it's like to be normal.

Seconds later, the fire turned green as Ron toppled out of the network and fell into Harry. Both went crashing to the floor. It was as they were picking themselves up that Ron noticed a dark figure with platinum blond hair trying to stay inconspicuous in the corner. The redhead poked his friend and nodded in the man's direction. Harry recognised him immediately.

"Lucius Malfoy."

"We'd better be careful, he might recognise you."

Too late, Harry thought as realisation spread over the elder Malfoy's face as the rest of the Weasleys tumbled from the fireplace. Even with the charms he had recognised them. Taking a quick look around, he realised that if he wanted to keep his 'respectable' façade intact he couldn't make a move. I just hope that the other Death Eater, the one outside Gringotts, would be able to grab the boy, he thought.

Mrs. Weasley, by this time, had realised where the boys were looking and quickly caught on. With an ease born of many years practice, she herded the gaggle of children out of the back of the pub and in front of the wall leading to Diagon Alley.

"Now, I want you in groups of at least two, and I want to see you back here in two hours. No more. If I have to come looking for you, you'll be grounded for the rest of the holidays. And Fred, George, NO going down Knockturn Alley. It's dangerous. Do I make myself clear?"

A round of "Yes, ma'am" could be heard as the six students disappeared into the bustling crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the six entered Gringotts, Ginny grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him to one side. Checking no-one was listening; she quickly whispered, "I think you should take more money out than you would normally."

Harry gave her a funny look and asked, "What makes you think that, Gin?"

The young redhead shrugged and mumbled, "I have a feeling you'll need the take out quite a bit of extra money. I can't explain it; I just feel that you'll need it. Not necessarily now, but maybe soon."