Chapter 13: Now You See Me, Now You Don't

Thursday was one of the days the four had been looking forward to the most. The day they would start to learn the complicated art of invisibility. Harry and Ron were especially excited. Since they had both grown taller over the holidays and it didn't seem like they would be stopping anytime soon, the invisibility cloak would soon no longer be an option. It could fit one person under it, but if both of them wanted to use it they would run the risk of being seen. It made late night trips to the kitchens much harder. On the other hand, if they could turn invisible anytime it could be used to their advantage, both when trying to escape from dangerous situations and when performing pranks. The four teens had a free period first thing after breakfast and they were to be found in the library discussing possible uses for their soon to be acquired ability.

"Just think of all the things we could learn," exclaimed Hermione, "We could sneak into the library at night if we needed to do research. We wouldn't have to worry about getting caught and losing points."

"Wow, 'Mione, never thought I'd hear you suggesting we break the rules," was Ron's retort.

"Well, it's not like anyone would get hurt. And we wouldn't lose house points, so it wouldn't affect other people."

"True, but we could do much more fun things, like playing pranks on the Slytherins…"

"Hey!"

"…or spying on the founders…"

"That would be unethical!"

"…or getting food from the kitchens. What do you think Harry?"

"Personally, I think it's time we had some fun," he said, "We've been fighting evil Dark Lords since first year and, now we're finally away from Voldemort, I think it's time we just did what we like. There's no-one to hurt us here and, even if there were, we now have enough knowledge to deal with any threats."

"What are you suggesting, mate?"

"What I'm suggesting, Ron, is that we do some pranks, play some quidditch and just be kids for a change."

"Sounds good to me."

At that moment, Ginny, who had her head in her arms on the desk, began to stir. She had dozed off a while ago when the boys had been talking about quidditch. She was now shifting restlessly and muttering in her sleep. Suddenly, she sat up straight and gave a little yelp. The incident was similar to what had happened to her in Divination the other day. Must be a vision, Harry thought. Her eyes flew open and her gaze was met by concerned looks from her three friends.

"What's up, Gin, you look like you've seen a ghost," her brother asked.

"I'm fine, Ron, it's just…"

"Just what?"

"Nothing. I just have a feeling something bad is going to happen tomorrow."

Harry thought about this for a second, remembering what Simbi and Nirah had told him about her being a true Seer.

"Ginny, was it a vision with images, like you had in Divination? Or was it a feeling, like you had in Diagon Alley when you told me to take out more money?"

"Like Diagon Alley."

"Right. I think we need to look into this whole Seer thing."

Ron and Hermione were watching the exchange, confused. They had not heard the discussion in Diagon Alley, nor did they know about her being a Seer. Harry had mentioned it to Ginny the night after her incident in Divination, but he had never told the others.

"Harry, what are you talking about? What do you mean about my sister being a Seer?"

Harry sighed and looked at Ginny. She gave a slight nod for him to tell the others.