Chapter 6: Introductions and a Feast

As the group was walking down towards the Great Hall, Hermione suddenly had a thought.

"Lord Gryffindor, what are you going to tell the students about us?"

"I'll tell them that you have been home educated thus far and that you need to come to Hogwarts this year to take your OWL exams. For this to work, you'll all have to be in fifth year, even you, Ginevra. The shared knowledge should make sure you can all cope with the fifth year material. Even when you return home, Hermione's wide knowledge of the spells of your time should allow you all to continue your education from fifth year."

By this time the group had reached the small room off to the side of the Great Hall. The students were asked to wait there while the rest of the school arrived. They were to enter the Hall after Gryffindor announced them before the Sorting. Before they knew it, the sound of voices became much louder as the students entered. The four could hear Ravenclaw instructing them to sit and be silent while Gryffindor prepared his speech. Through the door, they could hear as the founder addressed the school.

"Welcome all to another year at Hogwarts. Before the Sorting, I would like to announce four new students. They have been home educated and will be starting in their fifth year. They have already been sorted and when I call their names, they will enter and join their new House. First we have Ronald Weasley of Gryffindor!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Ron's POV**

Oh Merlin, here I go. I wonder if there will be any nice people in my year. I sure hope so. I can't believe the others abandoned me like that! I can see why they wanted to do it, but you wouldn't catch me in any other house. I can't believe 'Mione's a Slytherin! She's too nice! She won't last a week there, the Slytherins hate Muggleborns. They'll be especially bad with the Head Snake himself around. Oh, well, she can sit with us in lessons.

By the time Ron's internal rambling was well underway, he had reached the Gryffindor table. Looking at the staring students, he saw a boy that looked to be about his age beckoning him over and pointing to the seat next to him.

It can't hurt, he thought as he took the seat and held his hand out to the boy. He was fairly tall, like Ron, and had long brown hair pulled back in a low pony tail and startlingly blue eyes. He smiled at Ron as he took his hand and introduced himself.

"Hello there, Ronald wasn't it?"

"Just Ron is fine." The redhead was looking at his new housemate curiously. He looked vaguely like someone he knew; he just couldn't put his finger on whom. The answer soon came to him when the boy told him his name.

"I'm sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Ardwick de Mimsy-Porpington. I'm a fifth year as well. Pleased to meet you."

"You wouldn't happen to have a relative called Nicholas, would you?"

"No, I'm sorry. You must be thinking of someone else."

Sure, he must be Nearly-Headless Nick's ancestor! At least I'll have something interesting to talk to Nick about when I get home. This could be fun, and he seems nice enough.

The pair started to chat animatedly about a range of topics, from Ardwick's home in France to Ron's large family. By the end of the feast they were firm friends and Ron couldn't help but think, I'll have to introduce him to the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Ginny's POV**

"And second we have Ginevra Weasley of Hufflepuff!"

This is weird, going to the Hufflepuff table. I'm not sure this was such a good idea. At least in Gryffindor I would have had Ron to keep me company. He looks to be doing great there. Hey, that guy he's talking to looks a little familiar, but that's impossible. I can't possibly know anyone here, unless I've seen a portrait of him somewhere. Hmmm, the Hufflepuffs look friendly enough. Maybe this won't be so bad.