Chapter 7: The First Day of Lessons

The next day dawned bright and early, and the four time travellers woke up feeling refreshed. They went through their normal morning routine, all the time thinking how strange their situation was. By 8 o'clock they had left their houses and met up in the Entrance Hall. Hermione was the first to speak.

"So, how did you all get on? Slytherin was weird; it's strange to live in a dungeon, with no light to wake you up in the morning."

"Hufflepuff's ok," Ginny said, "at least we have light, 'cause we're in a tower. I have to share with two other girls in our year, but they don't really say much to me. Peeves is lucky, he has a whole dorm room to himself."

By this time the four had reached the doors of the Great Hall. With a quick wave, they parted ways, heading to their respective house tables. At the Gryffindor table, Ardwick was waiting for Ron to turn up. As soon as he sat down, the fifth year started asking him about his friends.

"So, Ron, when are you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Tomorrow, I hope. We need to go to the library to do some research, would you like to come with us?"

"Sure, that'd be great. What do you need to research?"

"I'll tell you when we get there; I don't want everyone to know."

"Fine, I look forward to meeting them. Is your sister the same age as you?"

"No, she's a year younger, but she knows enough to be in the same year as us."

"Is she betrothed?"

"WHAT?"

Over with the Slytherins, Hermione was sitting on her own. Horatio had effectively silenced most of the house and turned them against her. Only her roommate, Christabellele, would have anything to do with her. She was a shy girl with no Slytherin friends. She usually spent her time with Harry's new housemate, Galatea. Hermione was glad when the girl came down to breakfast and sat with her.

"Would you like to come to the library tomorrow to meet my friends?" she asked.

Christabellele looked at her for a minute, before slowly nodding her head and striking up a conversation about herbology.

Across the room, Harry had been latched onto by Galatea. As soon as she sat down, she leaned close to his ear and whispered "I know." Harry looked at her, startled.

"Know what?"

"Where you're from. My mother told me last night. I'd like to help with the research. Can I come to the library tomorrow and meet your friends?"

"Sure, I think some other students are coming, too. It depends who the others invite."

"I'll be there then." She smiled, as she started handing out the new timetables. Harry took one look at it and groaned.

"Double Potions first thing, followed by Transfiguration and double Divination after lunch. Could this day be any worse?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potions was held in the same dungeon Snape used. All four Houses fit in the room, but most people didn't just sit with their housemates. Harry and Galatea were sitting on the back row with Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Christabellele. Ardwick was sitting on the row in front with some of his other friends. The group chatted about random things until the door slammed open and Salazar Slytherin stormed in. Moving to the front of the class, he turned to the students and glared at each of them. Wow, he's just like Snape, Harry thought as the glare was turned on him.

*What's his problem?* Simbi asked quietly from under Harry's sleeve.

*Did he have lemons for breakfast, Harry?* Nirah added. Harry couldn't help himself and started to silently chuckle to himself. Unfortunately, Slytherin noticed his lack of attention.