Chapter 2 - Sleepover

After the leisure centre tour, excitement of the rescue and facing her changing room fears Jessica felt exhausted. It had been a long day but she took comfort in the fact that her best friend Leanne had realised there was something wrong and was really happy when she suggested they have some alone time together to talk. Jess felt that a one to one would allow her to express her fears, even though she had no idea where they had come from.

The team made their way out of the leisure centre and onto the concrete concourse that separated it from the public highway. 

"I've got an appointment, do you guys mind if I run off quickly?" said Jo to the rest of the group.

"Hey, I'll join you," said Abi, "I've got some stuff I need to do in town."

The girls all hugged and said their goodbyes leaving just Leanne and Jessica together. The sun had started to set as Abi and Jo walked towards the town centre and Leanne suggested to Jessica that she order an Uber so they could get back to her home. Her mobile phone pinged an approximate waiting time of ten minutes so they settled on a nearby bench to wait.

A red Toyota Prius pulled up within less than five minutes, and the driver got out and approached the pair sitting on the bench. "Uber for La-anna?" said the driver in a thick Italian accent. The driver was wearing an old blue Italian football shirt from the 90's with a large white ten on the back. 'Baggio' was written above the number.  His shorts were white, black tatty sandals adorned his feet. The man was around 50 years old, quite handsome but thinning on top. He had dark bushy eyebrows, but still had a twinkle in his eye as he saw the two girls.

Leanne and Jess stood up, "Lee-anne." she corrected him.

"Ah, Leanne,ciao bella, come, come." He beckoned the girls into his cab, "Not a Ferrari, but it's red and will get you to your destination." He gave a wink.

Jessica smiled, she liked the cabbies friendly approach and the girls jumped into the back of the car. The driver hopped into the front seat, pulled on some black shades and confirmed with Leanne the destination. The car pulled quickly into the traffic and then pulled a sharp 180 degree turn across the on-coming vehicles and set off towards Leanne's house. Jessica and Leanne could not believe they hadn't hit another vehicle.

"What would you like to eat when we get back?" asked Leanne to Jessica as the Uber sped down and along the busy evening high street, "we may as well plan that now and order something. Its beginning to get late."

"Pizza would be great" she responded, "I really fancy something plain though - margarita? " 

"Cool, that will be great, its quite light too" replied Leanne, "I'll get on my app and order from Domino."

"Nah! You don't wanna eata that shit!" the driver interrupted "You wanna order a proper Italian pizza. You calla Toni's. Tell 'im Gio recommend - 'ere isa de number. He giva discount - you tell 'im I driver you in me Uber!"   

"That sounds great. Let's do that," said Jessica with an appreciative smile taking hold of the tatty paper being presented to them, "It will make a nice change."

Leanne took the tatty paper from Jessica and called the restaurant to order as the Uber driver whipped through the traffic, much like Sebastian Vettel driving around the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza circuit during a grand prix weekend.

Within 20 minutes the car pulled up outside of Leanne's home and the girls got out. "Thanks" said Jess, "That was a an awesome ride - and thanks for the pizza tip!"

"Yeah thanks" added Leanne, "that was great."

"Arrivederci bellas," the driver responded "Gooda Nighta!"