Chapter 9 - Surprises All Round

Another day and another flight, more rest after an exhausting journey and then unpacking but at least the team found themselves back in the comfortable surrounds of 'The Palms'. In just under a week the 'Life Stories' show recording would be broadcast - there would be social mingling at a lavish reception viewing party but in the meantime Aaron had wanted everyone gathered for a Hawaii debrief special!

"Good afternoon everyone," Aaron began as the girls, Juliette and Paul gathered together in the lounge. "I am glad to see you have all made it back to the mainland in one piece, particularly you Jessica. Are you ok?"

Jessica responded with a positive yes and let Aaron continue. "Since you were in Hawaii my investigations into the original information leak have been continuing. Sadly, they have come up blank, but there are a few leads to follow up. I would really like to have some assistance following this up and having carefully thought about this. I have to ask, Joanne would you like to assist me? You have more onsite knowledge of London and the people I suspect are involved in the leak are most likely to be connected to both your old college and the leisure centre."

Joanne sat up, her eyes opened wide, "You really need me to help?"

"Absolutely, I have total faith in your abilities. You showed your potential during the earthquake and your quick thinking. All I ask is that no matter what you find, you report this to me immediately." Aaron was being his usual commanding self and Joanne just had to accept the challenge.

"Now regarding the incident on the yacht..." Aaron sounded solemn, "After speaking to Detective Sato at HPD we believe that the incident was not a coincidence. It would seem that the perpetrator was put up to the attack. You, and I am not talking specifically about Jessica here, were set-up to be targeted. Crosby was the stooge and paid in cash to get a job on the yacht. We presented him with the opportunity by staging the photoshoot. It came as no surprise that Malcolm Stewarts stated that his usual assistant was taken ill with food poisoning and he needed to find a replacement for our job. As you are potential targets, all of you are now under house arrest for your own safety...if you require anything Juliette or myself will ensure you get what you need."

Leanne started to interrupt in protest but was cut off by Aaron before she could start a sentence. "When I say stay put - I mean it, even if at least one of you is trained in taekwondo." He looked directly at Leanne.

"Actually Krav Maga - but I have some taekwondo too!" she spoke up sarcastically.

Abi tried not to smirk as Aaron continued, "There is one concession, I am allowing one visitor to the house, but once he arrives he too will be locked down under the same conditions as everyone else. This person is only allowed here as he has specific PR responsibilities for you and will be acting as your manager going forward. Thank you for your time."

Aaron turned and left the lounge before anyone had time to question him on the mystery PR-man.

"That was fun!" Abi commented. "What are the three of us going to do whilst Jo is playing private eye in the study?!" she continued addressing Leanne and Jessica.

"I'll find out the leak and get us out of this mess," replied Joanne, "If it's someone we all know that really narrows down the possible suspects. Aaron has lots of contacts and connections so I can get loads of evidence to cross reference."

"I have a question," said Jessica addressing Juliette and Paul, "Do you know who the mystery PR man is?"

Juliette replied with a smile, "Actually I do, in fact he should be here any second."

As if it were planned, one of Aarons security team opened the lounge door and as if entering a stage Anthony Wilson theatrically appeared. "Someone need some PR? I was in Los Angeles I thought I'd volunteer my services. Hey, hi there sexy! We met someplace before?" He winked and walked toward Abi and kissed her before she had a chance to react.