Chapter 10 - Life Stories

It was the day of the 'Life Stories' preview party. Staff at 'The Palms' were making last minute preparations. Anthony had the PR interview pieces, speeches and his evening DJ set prepared. He had also arranged for a band to be present for some live music. By lunchtime, before the guests started to arrive the band found themselves tuning up and sound-checking their equipment. From a distance, Leanne found herself admiring the lead guitarist. His hair was slicked back, he wore tight leather trousers and a red-checked country-rock shirt. 'I must get to know that guy during the party' she thought to herself.

As the clock ticked past 2:30pm the girls started to get ready for the event pulling out dresses from the walk-in wardrobes. Security was heightened as David MacIntrye himself would be present.

At 2:45pm David arrived in his black limousine. He dressed in a formal tuxedo and wore a neat bow-tie. Aaron accompanied him into the villa and they made their way to the study. Before the party he needed to speak urgently to one of the girls.

Leanne, had four different dresses on her bed. She was freshly showered and wrapped in only a towel and trying to decide which dress would best fit the occasion as well as impressing the guitarist whom she had decided would be her target man of the day. There was a knock at her door so she left her bedroom and made her way across the lounge area to answer.

"Oh, Aaron, Juliette, I'm not ready yet." she said.

"Just pull on some clothes, David is in the study and wants to meet you." replied Aaron.

Juliette raised an eyebrow, "Seriously? You clearly know nothing about woman." She responded to him. "Would you like some help choosing something?" she had turned to Leanne.

Leanne smiled, "Yes please, thanks Juliette."

Juliette and Leanne made their way to the bedroom. As they got to the door Juliette turned back to Aaron, "You better wait here, us girls need some lady time!" She closed the door.

Aaron made himself comfortable on the sofa, "Women!" he muttered under his breath.

After about twenty minutes Leanne emerged from her bedroom with Juliette. She had dressed in loose fit cream trousers and a blouse. This wasn't the outfit she would be wearing for the preview event but something stylish enough to show a good impression meeting David.

"You do look great. Nice choice." said Aaron, "Ready?"

Leanne acknowledged the compliment with a smile, "Thank you, I'm ready, a bit nervous but lets go."

Aaron and Juliette flanked Leanne on the walk through the house to the study. Aaron opened the door to let firstly Juliette, and then Leanne through. Aaron followed them closing the door behind him.

"Ah, the beautiful Juliette," David began, "...and you must be Leanne. I'm so happy to finally see you."

Leanne smiled, she felt an immediate bond with David MacIntrye and began to relax.

"Aaron, Juliette would you mind leaving us?" David asked, "Do you mind us speaking alone Leanne?"

Leanne smiled, "No, that's fine. I'm really glad to finally meet you."

Aaron and Juliette left and finally Leanne and David were alone.

"Please?" David offered a seat to break the silence. "Drink?"

"No, I'm fine" replied Leanne sitting as David poured himself a stiff drink over some ice. "I hope you don't mind - I need one! It's not everyday you get to meet your daughter."

Leanne smiled, 'I'm actually here meeting my father' she thought to herself.

"I guess I should explain why I have only just contacted you, it's not that I haven't wanted to, it is just that I promised your mother I wouldn't until you were at least 18 years old. Unfortunately I lost contact with her, probably when you were about 5 or 6. At that time I was not in the position of wealth I am now. Fortunately as my fortune grew I decided that I would try and trace you... for the last five years finding you was my priority, and here you are." David explained nervously.