Chapter 4 - Hidden Away

The Gulfstream G650 is a twin-engine business-class jet which is capable of reaching speeds of up to Mach 0.925. That's nearly the speed of sound. The sheer velocity of this powerful jet shaves the time between London and Los Angeles by an astonishing thirty minutes. The G650 has fantastic grace at high speed due to its stylish design. The sleek wings offer minimum air resistance, allowing the jet to cut through the sky like a warm knife through butter. The reduced drag not only significantly increases speed, range, and ride comfort, it also creates a quieter ambiance for its passengers.

The group sat inside the stylish the cabin adorned with gorgeous handcrafted leather recliners and featuring 16 large windows - ensuring the space was brilliantly well lit. The numerous windows also served spectacular panoramic views of the earth from the cruising altitude of 51,000 feet, not that the view is needed as high-definition audio and video systems provided entertainment for those who wishing to relax. The temperature, entertainment, lighting options, and window shades could all be controlled by on-board smartphones and tablets.

In just under 11 hours the aircraft began its approach to Palmdale Regional Airport located on the outskirts of Los Angles.  The airport was chosen as the destination in order to avoid the busier airports of LA-X and Hollywood Burbank where the guests would be more easily noticed by the press who hang-out there in order to spot the regularly visiting VIPs and celebrities.

On the circling approach the girls looked out of the windows and observed the Pacific ocean and the area of Long Beach, Santa Monica and the sprawling mansions of Malibu. The plane moved quickly through the sky and on final approached flew over Beverly Hills, Pasadena and finally The Angeles National Forest before touching down safely on the spacious runway.

"Welcome to the USA," said Aaron. "We have another helo waiting to take you to your accommodation."

Everyone transferred into three waiting Lincoln Aviator's to take them a short hop across the airport to the helipad where an Airbus H175 painted in the corporate colours of the McIntyre Sporting Conglomerate  was ready for action.

A short flight took the group over the Blackbird Airpark Museum, established to preserve the proud heritage of the Blackbird family of military aircraft, turning to Santa Clarita and then down to the Topanga State Park. From there the H175 flew straight on to Topanga Beach turning to follow the Route 1 Pacific Coast Highway, hugging the coastline, to Malibu, landing on a private pad in one of the many luxurious mansion villas.

When the rotors wound down the girls exited the aircraft and followed Aaron and Paul; the two men knew exactly where they were going. The team were led down a short winding path, lined with neatly trimmed grass that resembled golf course greens, to a small side entrance and into the villa. From here they were taken into a large comfortable lounge room where they sat down exhausted from their long journey. A member of staff offered the group light refreshment and drinks that were gratefully accepted. As they talked about the events of the day Aaron disappeared with Paul into another part of the building.

After about thirty minutes Aaron appeared back in the room. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting here girls. Let me introduce you to Juliette Sweet."

A young woman aged in her mid-30's came into the room. "Good afternoon ladies." she said as she greeted the team. Juliette spoke with a cut-glass English accent. "I'm hear to look after you. I work alongside Aaron in the Security Team - well actually I'm sort of his boss,  I'm technically  an assistant to the MacIntrye and Wells families as well as major-domo for this property."

"Major-domo?" Abi enquired.

"Ah, yes sorry I should explain,"  said Juliette, pushing her blonde wavy hair behind her ears, "It's an old term. A major-domo is a person who speaks, makes arrangements, or takes charge for another. Typically, this is the highest person of a household staff, a head servant or chief butler if you like, who acts on behalf of the owner of a large residence such as this." It seemed as though she got off on the fact that her role irked Aaron.