Chapter 7 - Party in The USA

It had been just over a week since the earthquake, life in Los Angeles had returned to normal. There was minimal damage, very few injuries and fortunately no fatalities. Unfortunately, due to the rescue involving Leanne and Abi, the press had found where the girls were staying and had been camped outside of 'The Palms' villa complex in Malibu despite the best efforts of Aaron and the L.A.P.D. to get them moved on. 

"Today, we go on the offensive." Aaron declared, "I have been working on a plan for a while and with Fiona in New York, I have arranged for an exclusive interview between the four of you and a seasoned journalist."

The girls looked amongst each other wondering who this would be. "I will leave you and Juliette to get some things together as the interview will be taking place not here in L.A. but somewhere we can have a little more control. You will be heading out to Oahu - Hawaii."

The girls were shocked and excited about the changing location - "Wow, looks like I'll get to go surfing!" said Leanne, "I've always wanted to visit Honolulu, I really want to meet Jay Hernandez!"

Jessica was less excited than her friends, her thoughts remained focused on Paul McIntyre, they had started to get closer and after being stuck in the lift with him she had hoped things might start to go even further.

"We will be flying out on the private jet and will be staying and travelling home in the 'The Blue Sea' - it is one of the biggest and most technologically advanced private yachts in the world and naturally owned by David McIntyre." Juliette explained. "You girls should get upstairs and pack - remember the temperature will be tropical - its likely to be around mid-to-high twenties."

Abi and Jo rushed upstairs to pack and they could hear the sound of a helicopter landing in the grounds, obviously the press-avoiding transport they would be taking to to the airfield where the private jet would be waiting. Leanne held back to talk to Juliette, "Is the birthday party for Jo still on?" she asked concerned.

"Oh, yes, of course. It's all set for Hawaii. Everything is arranged after the TV interview." replied Juliette.

"Just don't let it get out of hand!" warned Aaron as he overheard the conversation, "I'm outta here. I'll take the limo with the blacked out windows, hopefully throw off the press pack at the gates. Have a great trip." 

As Aaron left the villa and Leanne joined the others to pack Juliette turned to Jessica, sensing her unease. "Are you ok?" she asked, "Hawaii doesn't appeal to you?" 

Jessica responded, "I'm not sure, I like the idea. I just don't know how to feel."

"Has this got something to do with boys, or should I say a particular man?" Juliette was perceptive to what had been going on and had to ask. "You do know he will still be around when we get back?"

Jessica smiled, realising that she and Paul were not exactly in a relationship, in fact she had no idea what they were in since neither of them had discussed it. Were they just friends? Would things develop between them? Perhaps sometime away from Paul would be useful. Maybe their feelings for each other  would become clearer. She looked toward Juliette, "Yes, I'm fine. Hawaii will be great. It will nice to get a little freedom back again. It will help get my head in the right place."

Juliette responded with a smile and gave Jess a hug. "Brilliant, I'm glad I could be of help."

They made their way upstairs to pack with the others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oahu, also known as "The Gathering Place", is the third-largest of the Hawaiian Islands. It is home to roughly one million people—about two-thirds of the population of the U.S. state of Hawaii. The island lies within Honolulu County and the state capital, Honolulu, is on Oahu's southeast coast and is main deep-water marine port for all of the Hawaiian islands. Well-known features found on Oahu include Waikiki, Pearl Harbour, Diamond Head, Hanauma, Kāneʻohe Bay, Kailua Bay and North Shore.