𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧: 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙡𝙞𝙮 𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮

"who the hell said you can get a day off?" the black haired boy asked, placing a hand on his hip as the white haired girl walked past him

"who the hell said you can get a day off?" the black haired boy asked, placing a hand on his hip as the white haired girl walked past him. the young girl blinked and looked back at him. "captain obi." she said. "i told him it was a family emergency and he said i take the day off." she stated.

"the woman that passed away in that fire was not your mother."

the afro japanese girl looked away from her colleague. 'i still believe him.' she thought, running a hand through her hair. the boy frowned, remembering what happened at the rookie games.

"satis, if this about wh-"

"i gotta go." the white haired girl said, walking away. "i'll see you guys when i get back." she muttered.

-flashback-

the young girl sat on her bed with her phone on her ear. she closed her gray eyes, waiting for someone to pick up the phone.

"hello?" a child's voice asked, answering the phone. satis' eyes widened, a smile forming quickly on her face. "hi nana!" the girl chirped. she heard her sister gasp. "titi!" she exclaimed loudly, causing the girl to move the phone away from her ear. "alright, maybe you shouldn't be that loud over the phone." she whispered, putting the phone near her ear again.

"is granny home?" she asked. "i kinda need her, this is kinda urgent." she stated. the girl on the other end hummed sadly. "what's wrong?" she asked. "are things not working out at the company?" she asked. her older sister shook her head. "no, nothing like that." she stated. "i just need to talk to her." she finished, bouncing her leg.

"granny!" nana exclaimed again, causing her sister to move the phone away from her ear. "again?" she murmured. "titi wants to talk to you!" she said. satis heard a chuckle on the other end. "nana, go get your brother." she heard her grandmother say. "dinner's ready and he still isn't home from his friend's house." she said. satis heard a quick 'okay' as the phone was handed to her grandmother.

"satis?"

"hi grandma." she said, a small smile appearing on her face. "how are you?" she asked. the elderly woman on the other end sighed. "i've been fine." she said, hearing the door close. " how's work been so far?" she asked. "have you gotten yourself hurt?" she asked worriedly. her eldest granddaughter chuckled, waving a hand in front of her face. "no, not on the job." she said, slowly moving towards the spot where the man had grazed her cheek.

"the woman that passed away in that fire was not your mother."

"hey granny..." she started, back against the wall. the woman on the other end furrowed her eyebrows. "what's wrong, sweetie?" she asked. "you sound like you're deep in thought." she analyzed. satis' knees slowly reached her chest.