Chapter 19

"Take it easy," Yamato warned Lightning, who was training. A few days had passed since Lightning was rescued and she wasted no time getting back to training. 

"Take it easy, says the person who is currently throwing katanas at me to kick!" Lightning shot back as Essex commented, "She does have a point, you know." Yamato just rolled her eyes ever so slightly as she threw yet another katana at Lightning who flipped, kicking it straight a target which split in two. She landed on the ground, ducking yet another katana thrown at her. Lightning just groaned as Yamato whipped out more katanas (where does she even get them from?) and threw them at the carrier. Lightning moved swiftly, kicking every one of them away. 

"Are we done now?" Lightning asked, panting heavily.

She had been training for three hours straight and her whole body ached. 

"Please?" She pleaded, "I really want to read 'The Battle of Midway' again." 

Essex walked over and muttered, "Remember the time that Enterprise asked you to block arrows while you were blindfolded?" Lightning just nodded, signaling she remembered. 

"Well, I want you to do the same, except while reading your book." Lightning bit back a protest, knowing that she was already being given a chance to read and just agreed. Holding her book with one hand and her katana with the other, Essex started shooting arrows at her. Lightning read the book, her eyes focused on every word, but her other senses were concentrated on the surroundings around her. She listened intently for the whizzing of the arrows, feeling a disturbance in the air and blocked the arrows accordingly. 

Her hand moved as though it had a mind of its own, her wrist flicking left and right, the katana swishing through the air, deflecting arrow after arrow as Yamato watched from a side, nodding in approval. Lightning just... blocked everything out, only sensing for arrows, her gaze on the book, listening, feeling the air. The presence of an arrow was loud and clear, she just needed to sense it. She could just tell, could tell where it was and how to act. 

"Enough," Essex ordered as the arrows stopped coming. Putting down the book, Lightning walked over to a bench, grabbing a bottle of water and draining it. Bismarck just nodded, saying, 

"You have improved." 

"Wow! A compliment from the mighty battleship Bismarck, I'm so honored!" Lightning said, humor in her voice as she grinned. Bismarck just sighed, rolling her eyes. 

"Stop it..." the battleship grumbled. 

"Can I try battling you?" Flare asked as he walked up to them. 

"You can try, I guess," Essex said, shrugging her shoulders as she motioned for Lightning to activate her wisdom cube. 

"Begin!" Lightning just dodged all his blows, launching arrows quickly, all of them hitting Flare and knocking him down as Lightning strode over, pointing the katana at him. 

"Well that was quick," Yamato muttered to Bismarck, who nodded. 

"Again," Flare said, unwilling to admit defeat. Lightning just sighed as she beat him over and over. 

"Are we done now?" she asked, tapping her foot somewhat impatiently. 

"Fine," Flare grumbled, getting up, having been thrashed five times. 

"Finally!" Lightning exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air as she launched her planes, going through some routine practices. 

She was had just landed her planes when the alarm rang. 

"Ugh, looks like its time to fight again," Lightning said as the groundbridge was activated, all of them going through alongside the 'bots. 

"Hmm... Unicron's not here, neither are the Sirens..." Bismarck mused as Essex shot her a look. 

"Doesn't that make it easier?" 

"We could very well be walking into a trap," Lightning replied, knowing what Bismarck meant. 

"Best to send out some scout planes first..." the carrier said, launching a few fighters. 

"Nope, nothing," she affirmed once the planes returned, just as Thundercharge saw them - and attacked. Grabbing her bow, Lightning released the bow string, watching as the arrow split, becoming many planes. Unsheathing her katana, she leaped onto one of her planes, jumping off and landing on one of the Chaosbringers, Silverfire, to be exact. She slashed at the metal, watching as the blade pierced through the layers of armour, causing Energon to drip out. Lightning just continued attacking, not even showing the slightest bit of mercy. 

"Just as  we practiced!" Yamato yelled at Lightning before flinging a katana at her. Lightning, seeing this, leaped into the air and kicked it with all her strength, watching as it plunged into Silverfire, causing him to cry out in pain as Lightning landed on the ground, her eyes glowing. The electric blue aura formed around her, the first time in what seemed like forever. Lightning smirked as she shot more arrows, watching them make their mark, knocking him down. Yamato fired her  guns in quick succession, damaging him further. 

Just then, Lightning was thrown aside by an explosion coming form... Solar, she realised as she whipped around, neatly slicing another shot in half before rolling to the side, initiating a bombing run as she shot more arrows at Solar, who was slashing at her bombers furiously. Lightning just concentrated on her bombers, leading them away from the blows to drop their load. A look of satisfaction flitted across her face as the attack succeeded and Solar retreated, heavily damaged.  

The acrid smell of smoke from the fires filled her nose as she sprinted over to Lunar, attacking furiously alongside Bismarck. Pointing her guns, Bismarck fired a full salvo, the shells hitting Lunar and throwing him backwards, straight into Lightning's bomber's line of fire. She angled her hand, watching as the bomb fell, hitting him hard. 

"Chaosbringers, retreat!" Thundercharge snarled as he surveyed the battlefield, transforming and flying away. 

Lightning pushed a stray strand of hair out of her face as she walked up to the other shipgirls, muttering, "Something is coming, can you tell?" Bismarck, hearing this, nodded, looking worried. 

"The minute we defeat Unicron, we are returning immediately. Something is very, very wrong..."   

Muahahaha! A cliffhanger! Too bad though, I'm not updating tdy again. Hope you all liked this chapter!

~Lightningstar out