Chapter 27

Lightning sighed softly as she sat up in bed. This place just felt so... unfamiliar to her, it unnerved her. Yesterday, she was introduced to the Sirens once "Storm" had agreed to join them. Well, in the very least, the Sirens were not that happy, nor angry. They remained indifferent. Still, she had to prove her worth before they would actually entrust her with any important information. This would take time, she just hoped that she would have enough patience to last. Looking out of the window, she fingered with the sapphire, holding it up to the moonlight and watching as it glowed. 

The Siren base was in the sky, that was all she knew as of now. And it had to be near Azur Lane, definitely. That was the only way they could conduct such quick attacks, even without the use of their portals. She exhaled softly as she leant back, staring up at the ceiling. It was so cold here, she was so lonely, but perhaps this was for the best. No, it was for the best. She had to tell herself that. Lightning just closed her eyes briefly, wondering how Bismarck and the others were. 

Back at base...

Yamato sat under the sakura tree, deep in thought, mostly worries though. She knew of Lightning's plan, how to react when she saw "Storm" on the battlefield. Still, that did little to allay her fears. 

"Dear sister, what troubles you?" someone asked and Yamato turned to see Musashi, looking at her with concern. 

"I just... don't know if I should have let Lightning leave. I mean... I always try and tell myself that she is capable enough to do this, however, I can't help but worry," Yamato confided, a small smile on her face, though it contained no happiness. Musashi sighed, sitting next to Yamato. 

As she brushed a few sakura blossoms from Yamato's hair, she whispered, "Yamato, as Lightning's good friend, you yourself would know if she has the strength, ability to do this. What qualities does she possess that you admire most?" 

"Courage, resilience, selflessness..." Yamato replied. 

"Still, by allowing her to do this, aren't I sending her to her death? If her secret is exposed, what will happen then?" 

Musashi shook her head slightly before speaking, "Yamato, you must have trust that she can do this, trust that she has this capability. Believe that when all this is over, we can all watch the sakura blossoms, together." Yamato just looked down, wondering if she had really made the right choice.

Meanwhile...

Bismarck stared out at the open sea. Without Lightning here, she felt lonely. Guilty too. They would always comfort each other, reassure each other. Yet now they were separated. It was not very far, but still, it felt like they were living on opposite sides of this Earth. 

"You miss her, don't you?" Tirpitz asked, having just reached the top of the cliff. 

"Yeah..." Bismarck muttered. 

"So do I," Tirpitz spoke, "Hmm... sister, did Lightning get back at you for you giving me the idea of pouring ice water on her?" 

"Oh, that, yeah, she sure did," Bismarck smiled as she recounted what had happened...

Flashback

Lightning grinned as she gathered some water balloons, sneaking up to Bismarck. It had been a few days since they arrived on Cybertron and Lightning still wanted to  get Bismarck back for the bucket of ice water incident. Carrying a whole bucket filled with water balloons, she had headed over to where the battleship was. It wasn't just a normal water balloon, these were filled with freezing cold water, the perfect was for revenge! Except... she didn't expect to bump into Optimus at such an ungodly hour. Optimus raised an optic ridge when he saw Lightning, who just groaned, quickly explaining everything to Optimus. Optimus shook his head inwardly, amusement showing in his optics as he listened. Amazingly, he agreed not to tell a soul and Lightning continued down the hallway. Now, she picked up a water balloon, hurling it at the still-sleeping Bismarck. The balloon burst on contact, soaking Bismarck in ice cold water as she woke up. 

"WHAT THE---  LIGHTNING!!!!!"  Bismarck yelled as Lightning continued pelting the water balloons at Bismarck, drenching the battleship. 

"Are you kidding me?!"  Bismarck groaned as she realised the reason why Lightning was doing this. Shivering from the cold, she headed into her ship, slamming the door behind her. Outside, she could still hear Lightning laughing.

End of flashback

Tirpitz smiled slightly when she heard what Bismarck said, but her expression instantly became serious as she looked at the direction Lightning left. 

"I hope she'll be safe..." Bismarck echoed her thoughts, the both of them hoping that the carrier would return without issues.

The next day...

The Sirens were going to attack Azur Lane and Lightning was to be part of the attack. She activated her rigging, the violet cubes forming her deck and island as she grabbed her bow. The Sirens traveled to Azur Lane, only to be met by a defense force. Yamato was there too. 

Their gazes locked and Yamato shouted, "Storm! You killed Lightning! How... how could you do such a thing?" 

Lightning just gazed back, her voice even as she spoke, "I did what had to be done." Anger flashed in Yamato's eyes, so convincing, but of course Lightning knew it was all just an act, as the battleship fired a salvo at Lightning, who used her katana to slice through the shells, watching as they exploded around her, not even flinching once. The battle erupted around them as both sides attacked, Lightning rushing forwards and dealing a blow to Yamato a shallow one, but enough to draw blood. She needed to be very careful here. As she went past Yamato, they exchanged a fleeting glance as Lightning gave Yamato the tiniest of nods before she kicked Yamato, causing the battleship to fall as she glided away to help one of the other Sirens, using a plane to knock down the shipgirl that the Siren was fighting. 

"Retreat!" Yamato called once Devastator summoned more mass-produced Sirens that outnumbered the shipgirls. 

"Good work," Devastator told Lightning as they returned back to base, a hint of a smile appearing on the carriers face. It would take time, but soon she would earn the Sirens' trust.

Yay! Another chapter! Finally... done with this chapter... *sighs*

~Lightningstar out