Christmas plans

A few days have passed since the day Sakusa had a fever. The business at the onigiri shop seem to rise with Christmas next month. Many customers drop in before or after their shopping trip for a quick bite. Osamu's also gained a following after a video circulated on social media.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒾𝓇𝒾.

You giggle at the adorable nickname when Osamu tells you about it. "If you're the prince, I guess I'm just one of your maids?" You playfully joke with him while you put away the ingredients for the day. The two of you are closing up the shop for the afternoon.

"I wouldn't put you that low on the list." Osamu chuckles under his breath. He wipes his hands on a towel and walks to the front to flip the sign over. He notices a familiar tall figure wearing a troubled expression. Tilting his head, he opens the door to call out to the person.

"Sakusa? Something wrong?" Upon hearing Osamu's voice, Sakusa stiffens. He raises his eyes from the ground towards Osamu. Sakusa raises a hand up to say hi. "Did you want to come in? It's better than standing outside in the cold. Y/N and I are just closing up." Osamu beckons Sakusa to come inside. Not wanting to turn him down, Sakusa walks up the steps and enters the shop.

"Osamu, is it too early for us to decorate for Christmas? I know December is in two weeks but..." Your words fall short when you see Sakusa. A smile etches on your face and you place the bin of decorations by the counter to greet him. "Are your classes done for the day Sakusa?" You stop in front of him, noticing the backpack over his shoulder. He nods his head.

"I saw him lingering outside of the shop so I invited him in. Since you're here Sakusa, lend us a hand with the decorations. You're not in a hurry to be home, right?" Osamu walks over to the bin that sits on the counter.

"Sure." Sakusa takes his backpack off and places it on one of the chairs by the counter. "Could you help me take the old decorations down?" You call out to Sakusa from the window in the front of the shop. Your finger points to the leaf garland that's wrapped around fairy lights that hang above. Sakusa nods his head, walking over to your side.

While you clean up the decorations that are resting on the window sill, you feel Sakusa's arm stretch up behind you. Even when he's not touching you, you can't help but feel shy and nervous. There's a tightness in your chest. You try to make small talk to ignore the feeling. "You're not usually here after classes. Did you have to do something before heading home?" You collect a tiny bundle of pumpkins in your hands. Sakusa manages to take the garland down and eyes the empty bin that's by Y/L/N's foot. He carefully puts it inside.

Scrunching his nose, he feels a bit embarrassed when he speaks honestly. "I wanted to see you."

Thrown off from his answer, your cheeks turn a shade red. His voice is slightly muffled and you're unsure if you heard correctly. Seeing his shy expression, asking him to repeat himself might be too much. "You didn't have to come all this way to see me Sakusa. I know how much you hate crowds...I could've stopped by to say hi when I got home."

"I was going to do that but my feet lead me here once I finished with my classes for the day." Sakusa casts his eyes to the side. He's being more shy than usual and you find it very cute.