Sweet dreams

Night has fallen quickly after lounging around in the apartment and you're in your bedroom adjusting the blanket. Sakusa shyly peeps around the corner of your bedroom door and clears his throat. You glance up from where you stand to look at him.

"About my sleeping arrangement..." Sakusa mumbles under his breath. His coy behavior makes you giggle under your breath. He stands up straight and walks into your bedroom. The faint glow of the lamp on your nightstand is the only source of light in the room. The warm colors splash on Sakusa's face when he stands before you.

"You're free to sleep in here if you want Kiyoomi." You cast your hand over to the bed. He looks at the bed from the corner of his eye. Lowering his head, he purses his lips. "We shared a futon for three days so..." The only difference between the futon and the bed is that this is your bed. The very bed you've slept on for years. It feels more personal and intimate if Sakusa sleeps here.

Realizing what you've blurted out, you awkwardly clear your throat. A blush streaks across your face and you turn around to hide your face from Sakusa. You pretend to straighten out the blanket.

"Is it okay if I do?" Sakusa sheepishly speaks behind you. "It's embarrassing for me to admit but...I'm already getting used to having you beside me when I sleep and wake up." His slender fingers run through his wavy black hair and his bangs fall against his forehead.

Hearing him say that makes a smile form on your lips. Turning around, you timidly grab his hand and sit him down on the right side of the bed. "Let's get some sleep. We've been up for awhile." You walk over to the left side of your bed and the two of you lay underneath the blanket. Sakusa turns off your lamp and the darkness envelopes the bedroom.

You hear the sound of your heartbeat in your eardrums. The bed is much smaller than the futon so you feel the slight graze of Sakusa's back against yours.

There's no way you can sleep tonight.

You wonder if Sakusa can hear your heartbeat with how loud it rings in your ears. Or maybe his heart is just as wild as yours.

Quietly, you roll over to stare at his broad back. His arms are close to his chest and it seems like he's balling himself together.

Sakusa is definitely nervous too.

You always find comfort when he runs his fingers through your hair. Raising your hand up towards his head, you slowly run your fingers through his wavy locks.

You watch Sakusa loosen up his scrunched shoulders and bent knees. "I'm nervous too Kiyoomi." Your voice softly fills the silent bedroom. Sakusa rolls over to look at you when he hears your voice. His large hand takes hold of your extended one. "We're acting like children who're finding out about love for the first time." Sakusa dryly chuckles.

"We are in a way. I'm sure there are adults out there who are finding love for the first time just like us." You pout slightly from the realization that you're probably years behind others that are your age. You're a virgin at the age of 20, nearing 21.

Sakusa pulls you out of your thoughts when you feel your palm rest against his cheek. He closes his eyes with a gentle smile. "I'm glad you're the one I'm having my firsts with." His deep low voice sends a shiver down your spine and your heart flutters easily.

Your palm trembles slightly on his cheek and your breathing is sharp. Sakusa speaks so freely and again his words affect you in a positive way. "Me too. I'm glad you're the one I can share my firsts with."

Sakusa flutters his eyes open to look at you. You flash him a sweet smile, stroking his cheek. His face reddens and he buries it into the pillow after releasing his hold on your hand. "You say such cute things Y/N." His voice is muffled into your pillowcase.

"You do too." A giggle slips from your lips. The nervousness from earlier dissipates and the two of you are back to normal. Sakusa pulls his face away from the pillow to look into your eyes. He seems to mentally take note of every detail on your face and you grow shy from his long stare. You're the one to break eye contact first.

"Y/N." Sakusa huskily calls out to you. His voice sounds like it's right by your ear with how close the two of you are. You hesitantly return your attention to him. His brows are furrowed and he's pursing his lips, a troubled expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" You whisper.

"I'm getting thoughts like Atsumu and it's frustrating me mentally." Sakusa exhales, he pinches his nose bridge.

"What kind of thoughts?" You hesitantly ask. But you soon realize that you shouldn't have pried that information out.

What other thoughts could fluster Sakusa like this other than something intimate.

He clenches his teeth, not wanting to speak of the dirty thoughts he has. He despises anything dirty and yet here he is. It probably doesn't help that the two are laying next to one another in Y/N's bed.

In the dark.

Together.

Alone.

In Y/N's apartment.

The soft feeling of Y/N's lips on his forehead clears his thoughts away. He gulps in response.

"Whenever you kiss my forehead, my thoughts seem to disappear. Does it work for you too?" You pull your lips away to look at Sakusa. He nods his head with parted lips. "Now you can get some sleep, right? Hopefully Atsumu won't be the one in your dreams tonight." You lighten the mood with a joke.

Sakusa involuntarily shivers at the thought. "Gross."

A smile forms on both of your faces. Sakusa laces his hand with yours and closes his eyes. "Sweet dreams Y/N."

"Sweet dreams Kiyoomi." You whisper a reply after admiring his face before closing your eyes to drift into sleep.