A side to cherish

The moment the two of you have been dreading is right now. After eating dinner and spending an hour with your grandmother and Midori, it's now time to sleep.

Sakusa closes the screen door behind him and he nervously eyes the futon. Even if it's big enough for the two of them, he feared that he'll roll onto her in the middle of the night. Or maybe that he secretly snores in his sleep.

"Could you turn off the light Sakusa?" You point to the light switch that's beside him. He nods his head and idles a bit before turning it off. His body language screams nervousness.

"I'm perfectly fine with sleeping in the living room." You try to offer a suggestion but Sakusa rejects the idea.

"Your grandmother wouldn't be happy that her granddaughter isn't sleeping in the guest room. I'll sleep there." Sakusa readies to turn around but you stop him. You don't want him to leave you alone in the guest room. Even if you're safe in your grandmothers house, the unfamiliar room makes you anxious.

"Wait, Sakusa." Your voice comes out as a whisper. "I'm actually too nervous to sleep alone." You nibble your bottom lip after admitting your honest feelings.

Sakusa turns around to look at Y/L/N. He notices her furrowed brows. There's no trace of a lie on her face. She must be really nervous. It makes sense. The two are in an unfamiliar place and she's slept in her apartment for the past five years.

Sakusa gives in and walks over to the other side of the futon. He lays down beside you with a short distance separating the two of you. Now you're feeling nervous for a different reason. You gaze at Sakusa who lays just across from you.

"If I do anything weird in my sleep...you're free to push me off. I also don't know if I snore or not so I'll apologize in advance." Sakusa murmurs under his breath and your lips curl into a smile. "Okay. The same goes for me too." Sakusa casts his eyes to the side, scrunching his nose slightly. "I don't think I'll have the courage to push you off of me."

"W-Why?" Your cheeks begin to heat up when you see the shy expression on Sakusa. He rolls over to hide the blush that streaks across his face. "Not telling."

You exhale and remain smiling. "Keeping secrets from me now? Alright. It's okay. I have a secret I won't tell you either." Faintly giggling, you turn your back against his. "Good night Sakusa."

He doesn't say a word but you don't take offense to it. This stubborn side of him is refreshing. You'd rather this atmosphere than an awkward one.

You slowly close your eyes to force yourself to sleep but the fluttering of your heart and the knot in your stomach stops you. It's been years since you slept with someone else. The last time must be with your mom when you were a child.

Not only are you sleeping with someone. That someone is a guy. But strangely, you feel safe knowing it's Sakusa. He must be swirling with uneasy emotions too.

This might be pressing the intense border of his phobia. Everything prior to this were only seconds of contact. Sleeping is another level.