WHAT MATTERS

WHAT MATTERS
At the time of the Vikings, human life was considered a price. To them what did matter most was someone’s honor and the way they die. If you were a man and died naturally instead of trying to take another human’s life, you were considered a warrior and they believed that if you have taken another life then you would go directly to Valhalla (their heaven). It did not matter whose life you took as long as it was not of a Viking. Any kind of killing was considered an honor. For men to die a warrior’s death, they had to die in a battle or fight. Stubbing someone at the back was not considered honorary either. You had to face your enemy. Also, cowards they believed never went to Valhalla. If anyone asked you for a fight to the death, then to reserve your honor you had to fight until one of you die even though the cruelty could have been resolved in a better way. The men would move across the world to find a worthy opponent just for them to get an honorable death.
It was the time of a Viking king who strongly believed in those beliefs. He would instigate wars just to give his men a chance to have an honorable death. The kingdom was strong and always started wars with lesser kingdoms knowing very well they would win. They celebrated their victories for a while until the lesser kingdoms decided to join together and fight them as one. They had brought so much havoc to their kingdoms for no reason. They knew the Vikings had to be stopped. The lesser kingdoms had observed their weakness and were ready to use it.
The day the lesser kingdoms decided to attack the Vikings were not ready for it. The Vikings' king never thought a day would dawn when the lesser kingdoms would get the courage to make a move against the Vikings. On the day of retribution, the Vikings' men had gone to cause havoc in another territory. The lesser kingdoms kidnapped the women with ease as they had been left unprotected.
When the Viking men heard of what happened to their families, they voyaged immediately ready to fight. The lesser kingdoms had already executed their plans leaving a pile of ashes behind them. When the Vikings reached home, they realized that they were strategically disadvantaged. The kings of the lesser kingdoms gave the Vikings a choice, to surrender and their families would be spared or to fight and everyone would die. It may seem like an easy choice but it was not, remember according to Viking beliefs cowardice was the worst crime. Remember they were strategically disadvantaged so if they chose to fight then their families would die. They had no problem with themselves dying, the difficulty was their family members would also be killed.
What matters is not always the same for every human. But some are constantly found in every human. Everyone wants and needs to be healthy. The health of every human no matter their origin, color, or religion, is important. It does not matter your lifestyle or where you think you belong. Everyone wants to be healthy. The human body is a weak thing, sometimes it finds itself in painful situations. The problem with health is that no one can fix themselves even though they are doctors. 
The need to live a peaceful life is also universal. Also, the hope to make an impact on life is common. You may be the one causing war but deep down, you do not want the war to come to your door or those who you love. The chance to be who you want to be is also universal. 
The thing is, in this world for you to get what we want one has to fight for it. As long as what matters, matters to all the fights are easy to win. The problem comes if you are fighting alone. 
Umoja ni nguvu, utengano ni udhaifu (togetherness is a strength, separation is a weakness).
We ask ourselves,
Evolutionists, religions,
Does not matter,
What truly matters are the same

Peace to be proud of what is around,
Love for the ones we care for,
Time to hold the world dearly,
And see all that catches the eye,
The hope of a better tomorrow,
When all you see is a lightless tunnel,
The faith in the decisions made,
No weeds to tangle, 
In the forest,
Like a horse life to be,
So that instruction we can give,
Acceptance for loneliness does not creep in,

Life never works as the schedule,
Time sometimes so small,
Choices never are given only reality,
Demons or rather obstacles are everywhere,
We seem to believe,
Special we are thus selfish we become,
Humanity no matter how unfair,
Fair it is always,
Time reveals the truth,
No matter the plans made,
Reality becomes,
And suggestions it never asks,
So why hate what we do not understand?
Reasons always revealed, 
Question answered,
If our ears give,
To the unknown,
How different the answers,
It doesn’t mean it is not the same mission.