FAILURE,ACHIEVEMENTS, GROWTH

FAILURE, ACHIEVEMENT, AND GROWTH
The insecurities of humans,
Are like fire in the heart,
We all hope for the best,
The fate is already done,
The secrets of tomorrow,
Only the Supreme knows,
Failure we fear,
Achievements we dream of,
The growth we pray for,
But there is no certainty,
Of what will eventually happen,
We want to believe,
Everything is alright,
Failure we try to avoid,
Somehow it still finds us,
When it does,
We want to give up,
That is never a solution,
For too long,
If life continues,
We need to get to where we want,
Achievements we still want to accomplish,
For ourselves and those who care enough,
We all want a good life,
The only way to do that,
Is by fighting failure,
Accomplishing and achieving,
Our best option,
For the growth, we seek.
Failure is a constant fear ingrained in human beings’ consciousness. It feeds on us like a parasite and it never leaves no matter how many achievements you have already accomplished. Failure can be defined differently but the important definition is the personal meaning. What does failing mean to you? As everyone defines it differently. The same goes for achievements and growth. The difference in the definition of these words sometimes makes things a little complicated. What you consider failure, achievements, and growth are different from the meaning that is held by family, society, and religion. This difference sometimes we hold too much meaning to others' perspectives and we forget our own. It is so hard to live a life following others' reasoning and sometimes it becomes such a burden that is hard to carry. When people look at us they expect us to behave in a specific manner and they even tell us their minds how disappointed they are in us. We take it hard and try our very best for us to achieve what they want. When we do as they expect they still find faults in what we do or have done. We forget very often that life and the world are personal. It may be entwined but we never experience it the same.
Being born and death is experienced individually. When fate and destiny decide you will be born there is no one who can do anything about it. Even the twins are born individually with their minds and their time. That is why they cannot come from they are born minutes after each other, they still come to this world alone. When the time for one to part from this world comes they leave alone. That is why you hear people who cared to ask why it would not have been them to die. However, they will know that it is not possible. If being born and dying happens to you alone why do you want to live your life for others instead of yourself? Why choose to live a life of misery just because people want you to fulfill their dreams for you while they are fulfilling their own that they never expect us to have a say in. do not allow yourself to be caught up in people’s anxieties and worries when you have your own. When we do not achieve what we want for ourselves the only result we will gain when the times run out is regret.
Life is full of pain and misery and sometimes these sorrows come in form of failure. failure should be a motivation to do better and grow. This pain will never be able to be evaded but we can do our best to use it to our advantage as motivation to ensure that next time we achieve and grow to who we want to be. If you can’t avoid something, then use it to your advantage to get what you want. When failure back to you in a corner do not give in to the weakness. Always remember there is another way. use what you have to get what you want. When life gives you corn and you want flour then mill it.
Grace is a university student in one of the African countries. Her parents are successful lawyers in a famous firm. They love her so much and always want the best for her. She has always understood that and she has always done what they ask of her to keep them happy and proud. She tries to them happily as she feels she owes them for taking care of her. They have been good to her and for that, she will never think of going against their wishes. She works hard in her studies but the problem is no matter how hard she works she never seems to make them proud. They want perfection but she is only human. They compare her with other people’s children who have managed to make their parents happy. They keep asking her why she cannot be like them. They scold her, saying they do not understand why she does not achieve what they ask of her even after providing her with everything she needs. When she sees them disappointed her heart breaks into many pieces. She also starts questioning what is wrong with her. Why she never seems to her parents happy even after trying her best? The questions destroy her from inside so much that she can never be able to find happiness and peace. She has even contemplated committing suicide as she does not seem to find her worth.
There is something that she has always done that makes her happy singing. Since she was young she has been in love with it. Singing. While she was young her parents had allowed her to cultivate her passion as they did not see the harm in it up to a time. As she continued to grow, they became against it. They discouraged her every step of the way. they told her that music will never make her an important person in their life. She tried to fight for her dream but at some point, she believed them. She argued with herself and managed to convince herself that since they are her parents managed to convince herself that they must know better. She was wrong, they did know better and wanted the best only that they misunderstood what it was. True education is the sure way of being successful but it is not the only way. they placed their dreams for her before her own. Now, she is unhappy and losing hope as she believes if she does not achieve and excel in her studies, she would be a nobody in the world. The constant fear of failure is like a drug that does not lose its effect.
What she fails to realize is there are so many musicians in the world who have been able to achieve and do more for the world than scholars. Some so many successful musicians have believed in themselves and followed their dreams. They chose to be successful and happy rather than successful and miserable. Indeed, the path won’t be easy but if you are doing what you love then when failure approach it leaves stronger and more determined than before. If you do what you want and live your life the way you want, the passion will keep you moving and dreaming no matter the problems you encounter. The failure and disappointment towards yourself will turn into lessons after you overcome and achieve what you were aiming for. When you achieve what you wanted for yourself and prove to those who discourage you that if then what you care for is different from their plans, you can still achieve the success they wanted more. With time, these people come around and understand that it was not about them or you were not being rebellious, you just needed to live life the way you knew was right for you. You can even appreciate and be proud of the growth and achievements as you become contented with the way your life turns out to be.