eight - diagon alley

a/n
how this at 16k in like 2 weeks...i'm so confused because i barely thought this was going to get anywhere but holy wow, i thank you all so much. you got this story to #1 on the friendstolovers tag and i actually cried.

i am going to annoyingly self promote for the millionth time even though no one will see it but please read 'opposites attract' and give some feedback i would love you forever.

also i know i suck at updates, i know you guys want more but i also have school so i am trying my best.

also if one of you says where's the spice one more time i will shove a bottle of paprika down your throat, it's a SLOW BURN and it's only been 7 chapters. thank u. xoxoxo

song for this chapter: afterglow by the driver era

Time began to go by as if there wasn't enough of it in the world. She would begin each morning almost the same everyday, curled up against Fred's chest with the soft sounds of his snores filling her ears. His grip was always tight, closing in her in as if he was afraid of her leaving in the middle of the night.

It took all of her power to move in the morning, to choose to get up and out of bed instead of staying in her small bubble with Fred.

Everything had changed but at the same time, it hadn't.

It was as if something shifted between her and Fred but neither one of them wanted to voice or acknowledge it to the other. Both of them stayed content in their secret moments, keeping everything hidden from the rest of the people in the house.

The only person who had any idea of what was going on, was George. But anything he spoke was kept between the three of them, whispered into the darkness of the twin's bedroom in the early hours of the morning.

But what bothered Theia the most wasn't that there was a lack of a public relationship between her and Fred, rather she was more disappointed in the fact that nothing more had occurred between them since the day they had all gone to the pond.

Fred had gone back to his normal passing glances, gentle caresses at the dining table and soft kisses to the cheek, only going as far as pressing their lips together in a swift kiss when they had found moments to themselves.

And Theia didn't know how to discuss wanting more. How to look Fred in the eyes and ask him to leave her breathless and dazed in his bed.

She was still trying to figure that out on the morning of their trip to Diagon Alley was scheduled. Two days of nothing but stolen kisses in the hidden hallways and corners of The Burrow with the man of her dreams.

Hermione was quick to get them all up that morning, repeatedly saying that the earlier they left, the more places they could visit and how they wouldn't be pressed for time. Theia could hear her behind the closed door of the twin's room as she began ascending the stairs to grab Ron and Harry from the fifth floor.

"Theia, this doesn't exclude you. I know you can hear me, get up." Hermione's voice called through the wood as she passed over the second floor.

Shifting in Fred's arms, Theia lifted her head to squint over Fred's shoulder at the door. Fred made an inaudible noice from under her, his nose brushing the base of her throat as he tucked himself closer to her.

"I do not miss the days of hearing her march around the Gryffindor dorm rooms for the lot of you." A shiver ran down the course of her spin at the way his voice rasped, still adjusting to hearing it in the morning.