twelve - the sunshine

a/n
i stg if you guys keep reading this during class, i will personally fight you. get that education sisters, get those degrees/diplomas/whatever it is you're doing.
my chapters will always be here after.

also 40.7k, lets get it, i love you all so much.
song for this chapter: s.o.s by abba

She didn't remember much else from that night besides what had occurred with Fred. More so what had been said by Fred.

    Where has this Theia been this whole time?

    Theia was trying to keep her emotions under control, trying being the key word. But it was getting harder to look Fred in the eyes and pretend she was okay.

    She had done a decent job at avoiding him over the past two days, leaving rooms when he would enter, sitting at the opposite side of the dinner table from him. Theia knew that eventually he would come to her, demanding answers to why she was avoiding him. But even Fred himself seemed to be occupied with his own thoughts, a new letter coming for him every morning.

    He would always take the letter from Errol, read the envelope before quickly excusing himself from the table without meeting anyone else's gaze.

    Theia wished she had the right to be jealous, wished she had the right to be able to demand answers from Fred about who he was writing to. But she didn't. He was not hers.

    She knew she was going to have to come up with some excuse to him about her own strange behaviour. But how could she explain to him that on that night two days ago, he had managed to make her one of the happiest people alive before tearing her heart from her chest and discarding it at her feet?

    The morning of the third day wasn't any easier than the previous two. The past two nights were the first nights she had spent in Ginny's room since arriving at The Burrow, tossing and turning in the sleeping bag she had been provided.

    Sleep didn't seem to come when she was without Fred.

    This resulted in Theia being the first one up in the house, Molly finding her seated at the kitchen table at 5am for the past two mornings with a cup of coffee. The older woman didn't make any mention of her distressed appearance, placing a kiss to her head each time before grabbing her own cup of coffee and sitting down with her.

    They would talk about everything and anything. Except Fred.

    After Molly finished her cup, she would begin to make breakfast and leave Theia to her own thoughts in the corner of the kitchen. It made her feel less alone, spending the mornings with Molly.

    Right on schedule, Theia found herself tossing awake at five o'clock with sweat dripping down her back.

    She laid there for a while, her eyes scanning the ceiling as she tried to come to terms with the thoughts racing through her mind. But soon, she found herself restless and began to quietly shuffle out of Ginny's room, careful as to not wake the other two girls.

    But as she exited the room she came face to face with one Weasley in particular.

    Bill paused his movements on the staircase, his head turning to glance back at the emerging Theia. Her eyes fell on him, taking in the fact that he was dressed in a pair of loose fitting pyjama bottoms and that was it. Now, Theia could safely come to the conclusion that Molly was defiantly feeding her children something abnormal.

    There was no way all of her sons could be that good looking and that muscular. His bicep flexed as he gripped the banister at his side, Theia watching as the muscles in his back constricted at the movement.