sixteen - the second letter

a/n
hi so some quick things! it's exam season so i'm studying and not writing as much. also i'm just frankly not in a good place + annoyed at some stuff so i don't know what i'm doing.
but enjoy the chapter.

song for this chapter: butterfly rain by tori templet / september by earth, wind & fire

 It had been two days since Cassius' letter first showed up.

Two days had gone by and Theia still hadn't told Fred about the folded up piece of parchment that was currently shoved under layers of clothing in her trunk. Pressed right against that small blue box that had given her everything she had wanted.

How does one go about telling their current boyfriend about receiving a letter from their past friends with benefits?

Theia had done a good job at avoiding the topic with everyone around her, brushing off Ginny and Ron's questions, the advice Hermione tried to give her and even Harry's awkward "if you don't want to go alone to talk to him, I can go with you."

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate her friends concerns, especially Harry's sweet offer, despite the way he stumbled over his own words. She just wasn't ready to fully address the topic at hand.

Theia didn't know what she was going to do. She didn't want to get married to Cassius, whether it be now or later. That sort of attraction had never been there for her, as shallow as it may sound. 

Her eyes had always been locked on Fred. And now her biggest worry was loosing him.

Rolling over in the small twin bed, she blinked sleepily at the red-head in the bed with her. Fred was still asleep, silently lost in the world of his dreams.

She smiled softly at the sight, reaching up to brush loose hairs from his forehead before beginning to sit up. Theia glanced across the room, listening to the familiar sound of the snores that escaped George's lips when he slept. Except this time, she could make out the outline of another body in the bed with him.

Squinting at the other twin bed, Theia could just make out a head of dark brown hair on the pillow beside the other twin. Her eyes widen slightly as her hand reached up to cover her laughter.

That's why sneaking Fred away has been so easy.

As quietly as she could, Theia slipped out of the bed and out of the room. She was determined to keep her routine with Molly while praying silently that the woman would give her some advice without having to be asked.

Wrapped in a baggy orange t-shirt belonging to Fred and a pair of shorts, she quickly made her way down the flights of stairs and bounced her way into the kitchen.

Molly gave a soft laugh as she entered, the woman turning from her spot at the counter to face her, "someone's in a good mood I see."

Theia smiled at her, not bothering to hide her new found happiness. "Things have changed Molly, I am a new woman now."

"Weasley men have that affect on people." She winked at Theia before turning back to her task of chopping.

She could feel her cheeks warming at Molly's comment, Theia moving to grab a mixing bowl and the other various items she needed to make pancakes. Although living in a world of magic, Molly had always been someone who preferred homemade meals to those made with magic assistance.

Humming softly to herself, Theia went about her normal routine in mixing ingredients to form the batter, "say do you remember, dancing in September."