seventeen - the argument

a/n
hey y'all thank you all for 142k, i love you all so much!
enjoy the chapter.
song for this chapter: only angel by harry styles

Seeing Fred, hunched in on himself, crying over something she had done broke Theia more than anything else ever had.

    The soft sounds of his sobs had her closing her eyes as she shut the door behind her, trying to stop her own tears from spilling over.

    Theia pressed her forehead to the door, trying to compose herself as she listened to Fred cry behind her. She knew moving towards him too fast would set him off, Fred the type of person who hated crying in front of someone.

    But composing herself didn't last long as Fred began to shuffle behind her, mumbling to himself quietly. Theia turned around to look at him, watching as he began to make his way towards her.

    "Fred what—"

    "Move."

    The one word caught her off guard, Theia backing up against the door as he stood before her. His cheeks were red and splotchy from crying, his eyes bloodshot as a look of anger crossed his face. She could see the places where he had scrubbed his tears away, angry looking red marks against his pale skin.

    "I said move."

    The only thing she could do was slide away from the door, letting Fred open it and walk out of the bathroom. Theia stood by herself, trying to figure out how Fred's mood changed so fast.

    She understood why he was angry, Theia having kept what had been going on with Cassius from him for a long time but his crying was not something she had been prepared for.

    Sucking in a breath, trying to swallow the feeling of wanting to throw up, Theia turned around and followed behind Fred.

    He had already made his way towards his bedroom, Theia watching from the door way as he made his way around the space. He picked his way through the various items scattered on the floor and other surfaces, left over and demo items from the shop. She knew he knew she was standing there, from the way his shoulders tensed under her gaze to the way he began to slam things back down after looking at them.

    "What do you want Theia?"

    "To talk." She didn't dare move from the doorway, afraid of what would happen if she stepped in and shut the door behind her.

    "You already did that."

    "No Freddie, I explained to you my side of the situation. You stormed off without telling me what your side of the situation is."

    "I don't get a side in this situation, I am not part of whatever the hell you're doing with Warrington."

    "I'm not doing anything with Cassius—"

    "STOP SAYING HIS FUCKING NAME!" The tiny bottle in his hand went flying at the wall, shattering upon impact which sent a shimmering silver liquid everywhere. The action made her flinch but didn't stop her from finally entering the room.

    If they were going to fight, it was not something she wanted the rest of the house to hear.

    "What the fuck is your problem Fred?" The door slammed shut behind her as she made her way to the mess of glass and whatever sort of potion had resided in the bottle. She grabbed a t-shirt that had been discarded on the floor, kneeling down and beginning to pick up a few shards of glass.