ten - the high

a/n
ayee double update.
also yall i'm making like character boards / aesthetics for my wizard/witches book, would any of you like to see them? if so i'll probably post them to my ig or tiktok (both users are in the bio) depending on the feedback!
thank u cutie pies!
also this one is for my bill simps.
❤️
song for this chapter: midnight by alesso ft. liam payne

It had taken Theia about fifteen minutes to feel the full affects of the jelly, her mind slowly fizzling into silence as she sat at the kitchen table with the rest of the group.

    They all had agreed to wait with each other, to see who was the first to feel the symptoms of the high. Theia smacked her hand into the centre of the table, signifying that she was already there.

    Fred was the first to respond, laughing as he said, "of course your first."

     "Fred I know you're right behind me, shut up." She couldn't stop herself from swinging her arm out and punching him for the second time that day.

    "Here we go." Hermione let out a scoff at the sight of them, leaning back in her chair with her arms crossed.

    She had always been the one to not participate in their usually antics, even at Hogwarts. Usually it was only Fred, George and herself, high off their asses in the Gryffindor Common Room. Occasionally they would find themselves handing off the side of the Astronomy Tower but that usually involved Ron following after them to join.

    "Really Hermione, you're not going to join us?" Theia slid the small box across towards the woman, who only made a face of disgust at the remaining four jellies wrapped in their paper. One of each colour; red, blue, green and yellow.

    "Of course she's not T. She's little Miss Perfect." Ron laughed from beside her, leaning his head to rest against Theia's shoulder.

    He's gone too.

    Hermione's cheeks flushed an angry red colour at Ron's words and laughter but then she did the unexpected. It was a quick movement towards the box, her fingers closing on a jelly before popping it into her mouth.

    "EHHHH!" The whole table erupted into cheers of support, startling Molly into dropping a plate on the ground. The plate shattered into numerous pieces and the seven of them all leaned over to stare at the shattered mess.

    "You seven, will be the death of me," Molly shook her head at them as she pulled out her wand to clean up the shattered mess, "All of you get out of here before I break more stuff."

    Beginning to stand, they all mumbled apologies to the woman before heading for the staircase. Theia scooped up the box and her bag from the table before rushing to press a kiss to Molly's cheek. The older woman gave a soft laugh, brushing Theia's hair down before gripping her chin in one hand.

    "Oh Theia dear, you're a special one." She released Theia with a soft kiss of her own and Theia rushed to catch up with the rest of the group.

    All of the rooms felt as if they were blurring together but in separate universes at the same time. It felt as if she had just been in the kitchen but also felt like that had been hours ago. A hand closed around her forearm and suddenly Bill was beside her.

    "You alright there Theia?" His eyes were full of concern as he peered down at her, unaware of her current state.

    She opened her mouth to respond but couldn't seem to find the words that would explain to Bill that she was fine. Instead, she stood with her lips slightly parted and stared at Bill as if he had five heads.