Chapter 4

2nd September - 10:00am
Jakes Pov

Everyone was carrying on with their paperwork after that incredible story I just told , suddenly Captain Holt came running out of his office.

"I need everyone to be in full tactical gear in 2 minutes!"

Everyone rushed to get changed but we were all still confused at what was going on , but there was no time to ask questions we all got geared up and ran back to the bullpen.

"Theres a major hostage situation in the Empire State Building and we need all the backup we can get!" Holt quickly told us all

We all ran down the stairs as there was no time for the elevator , I looked over at Amy and could see she was nervous. I held her hand to assure her it would be fine , We finally arrived on the scene and the area had been completely evacuated it was like a ghost town.

"There are many men inside this building armed and threatening to kill if we don't answer to their demands" Captain Holt tells us.
"What are the demands?" I ask.
"I'm not sure , we haven't heard from them yet I will let you guys know when I have more information" He replied.

I stood there with the squad , I was nervous but I didn't show it. I didn't want to seem weak in front of the squad but mainly I didn't want to worry Amy. I had a strange feeling in my stomach I knew something was going to happen , I had a feeling. Captain Holt was called over by some important guy who was speaking to the hostage takers through the walky-talky. Captain Holt started walking towards me and Amy , he looked nervous and that made me more nervous.

"They have asked for you Jake" Captain Holt said nervously.
"Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool" I repeated.
"Jake it will be fine I'm sure!" Amy said trying to make me feel better , It didn't but she tried.
"You will need to take your uniform off and weapons and slowly walk towards the building" Holt said calmly.
"Why did they choose me? They could have chosen Rosa I mean shes a badass , she can handle it better than me" I said while spiralling.
"Unfortunately Jake they want you and we have to listen to them otherwise lives could be at stake" Holt replied.

I said to myself that I'm gonna be fine many time but I couldn't believe this was happening it didn't seem real. I took all my gear off and slowly walked towards the building unarmed.

"Its me Detective Jake Peralta , I'm unarmed and I'm walking towards the building" I shouted.

A door opened. My heart was pounding , I was nervous , I was sweaty but I walked towards the doorway. As soon as I entered I was taken to a room , My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to die. A man took of a ski mask I recognised the face it was the brother of my arch enemy George Judy , I arrested him but how did he get out of jail? I was confused but stood there silent.

"Hey Jake" George started the conversation.
"Heyyy George" I said nervously.
"So I knew you were going to be here , do you wanna know how I knew?" He asked
"Sure I mean why not" I replied anxiously.
"I just knew" He joked.

He and the men with him laughed. I laughed , It wasn't a funny joke but I had to laugh. I didn't want to do anything wrong to them , I wanted to stay on their good side.

"So what do you want from us?" I asked
"To be honest I just want to kill you and Captain Holt , ever since you arrested me my life has been miserable. My girlfriend left me , My family doesn't speak to me anymore and its all because of you!" He
complained.
"Well I don't think you should kill us , do you wanna know why?" I replied. He nodded so i carried on "If you kill us you will face longer time in prison maybe even life! in a high security prison where you wont be able to socialise with people , your family may speak to you one day and I could make that happen if you don't murder me"I explained
He interrupted me to say " How will you do that?"
I reply "because I know your brother Doug Judy and I could get him to speak to you If you just let me and all these innocent civilians go."
"I don't think so" he replied.