Chapter 16

15th February - 4:00am
Jakes pov

I woke up to Amy running around the apartment , I rolled over to my bedside table to check my phone and it was 4am.

I sat up half asleep and asked "Ames what are you doing?".
"I'm getting ready to go on our honeymoon if you forgot!" She exclaimed.
"Jeez calm down" I told her. "Our flight isn't till 2pm so just come to bed and relax"
"Well no Jake I can't calm down! and just because you don't like to be prepared doesn't mean that I don't so you can stay in bed and relax while I do everything as usual" She argued while searching through her draws.
"Fine but I don't see the problem with relaxing before we have to go to the airport and stay there for hours" I tell her while putting the covers over my head and going back to sleep.

6:00am

I wake up again and Amy isn't in the room , I look over at my phone and its 6am so I decide to get up and ready for today as our flight was soon and Amy would be going crazy as we are already behind schedule. Our flight was 5 hours long so I had to make sure I had everything packed for Mexico , I was hungry so I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and Amy was sat there eating toast. She looked up at me and looked back down , I guessed that she wasn't over that little argument earlier. I made some toast , poured some orange soda and sat down across to Amy , she flicked through her magazine very aggressively to show that she wasn't happy with me. I had enough of it and it was awkward so I finished the toast I was eating and stood up dramatically.

"Look Amy I'm sorry I was just up earlier than usual and I was tired" I apologised.
She sighs then says "It's fine Jake , you know what I'm like everything has to be perfect"
"I know , I'll try my best to make sure everything goes perfectly today" I reply.
"Thanks babe" She smiled.

I grabbed my bowl and cup , then took it to the kitchen and washed up. We made sure that we have packed everything , well I say 'we' but I mean Amy , she didn't trust me and she ended up changing everything in my suitcase because it was messy and I definitely put to much underwear in there and no where near enough clothes. Amy was already dressed but of course I wasn't so she ordered me like a soldier to go and get changed into some comfy clothes as it was a long journey and certainly wasn't going to be very comfortable either.

Eventually , we grabbed our suitcases and Amy grabbed her handbag with our passports , wallets and phones in. I turned the light off then we left our apartment and Amy locked the door while I struggled to the the elevator with the giant and heavy suitcases , I clicked the button for the elevator door and Amy joined me while we stepped into the elevator.

"A little help here?" I gasped.
"One sec" Amy tells me while checking her phone.
"Ames what are you doing?" I ask.
"Making sure we have our tickets ready!" She exclaimed.
"Woah okay" I jumped "Can you at least take your suitcase I am really struggling here".
"Oh yeah sorry babe" She replies.

The elevator finally reaches the bottom floor and we leave the building , I open the trunk to our car and Amy hands me her suitcase to put in there along with my suitcase. She takes a seat in the passenger seat and I get in the drivers seat.

"Shall we put some music on?" I asked.
"Sure!" Amy replied "What are we playing?"
"Umm how about some Taylor Swift , because I know you love her obviously" I say while trying to cover up my inner Taylor Swift.
"Okay then" Amy answered while raising an eyebrow.

Amy gets a CD out of the glove compartment of the car and puts it in the radio thing , we listen to the music the whole way to the airport but I was getting really tired and almost falling asleep.

"JAKE" Amy exclaims as we almost drift off the road.
"Oh my god! hahaha" I laughed.
"That's not funny we could have crashed!" Amys shouts while hitting me in the arm.
"Ow" I sarcastically scream.
"Oh shut up and keep your eyes on the road" She finally laughs.

We finally arrive at the airport and park it in the parking lot , I head to the trunk and grab our bags. I hand Amy her suitcases and she checks for our passports which were obviously still there , we arrived at the gate and checked in. Finally , we got through the security with no bother thank god because almost every time I get stopped. We grab our luggage off the conveyors and sorted our belongings out on the side , after that we headed to duty free where Amy checked out tons of perfume so of course I went over to the candy and chocolate. The chocolate was way too expensive but I grabbed it anyway , I eventually found Amy and she was hinting about a perfume that she really wanted that was $75 so I just decided to sneak a photo of it and buy it for Christmas as her gift from me. I showed her the chocolate but of course I didn't tell her about the price until we got to checkout and the women scanned it.

"Your total will be $50" The lady smiled.

Amy looked at me and I just grinned because I had a giant chocolate and we were going on a honey moon , she was not happy.

"I can't believe how expensive that chocolate is , I only got a bottle of wine which was much less than your chocolate" She moans while walking away.
"Sorry , it's just so ginormous and I knew you would say no if I told you the price" I grinned.
"Fine , whatever lets just get out of her and head to our ga-" She says while being interrupted.
"Lady's and gentlemen flight 167890 to Mexico has been delayed by 6 hours , we are sorry for the inconvenience" A person through the speaker says.

Groans appeared from all around the airport and from me and Amy.

"I can't believe it" I say while slumping down in a chair.
"Me neither" Amy replies while resting her head on my shoulder.

===================================
Hey! I'm back ig but idk if I'm gonna publish as often as I did a few weeks ago as im in school and i have tons of work to catch up on but I am starting a new story so if you're interested go check that out! Thank you for 300+ reads though I can't believe it :)
===================================