Chapter 10

1st November - 5:30
Jake's Pov

I woke up ready for my first day back at work after my injury , I still couldn't believe it had been two weeks since the test came back negative. Me and Ames spoke about it though , we are going to wait till after our honeymoon to try for a baby. The wedding planning was already stressful enough for Amy especially , she had been planning a big beautiful wedding where I didn't get much to say but I don't mind , I'm happy as long as she's happy.

"Morning babe" Amy whispered.
"Morning Ames" I whispered back while giving her a kiss.

We both got up and ready for work , Amy has her Sergeants exam coming up soon and she's really nervous so I am trying my best to be there for her no matter what. While I had finished getting ready Amy made breakfast for us , she just poured us both some cereal but I was grateful because I didn't have time to make any myself. However, we left for work and when we arrived the squad celebrated my return after many weeks , I was assigned to desk duty for a few weeks till I was fully healed. I was kind of disappointed about being put on desk duty but I expected it , Captain Holt then called me into his office so obviously I head over there.

"Hey Captain!" I exclaimed while strolling in.
"Good morning Jake" He replied formally.
"I'm good how are you?" I asked.
"I'm fine thank you Jake , I invited you in here to welcome you back to the nine-nine. Of course as you already know you are on desk duty but hopefully not for long" He answered.
"Why thank you captain" I joked. "Yeah I was kinda bummed when I was put on desk duty but I expected it , anyways I gotta go bye Captain!"
"See you later Jake" He said.

I got on with my paperwork as there was nothing else to do , Charles and Rosa were out working on a case so I wouldn't have Charles nagging for a while which I was happy for , I love Charles but sometimes he's a bit to much! But as I was working I couldn't help notice how stressed Amy was , she began to obsessively braid her har that's when I knew she was getting even more stressed. I felt really bad for her , the stress with the wedding and the whole pregnancy thing is not good for her. I went to the bathroom but when I came back Amy was gone , I was so confused but then I saw her in the break room studying for her exam. I walked on over to the break room from my desk , as I got in there I could tell she wasn't doing great.

"Hey babe what are you up to?" I asked nervously.
"Nothing , just studying for this stupid exam that I'm never gonna pass!!" She shouted aggressively while braiding her hair.
"Hey hey babe it's okay" I calmed her down. "You're going to be fine , since when have you ever failed a test before?"
"In 3rd grade , I hated that stupid dumb teacher!" She recalled.
"Well that's in the past! You're gonna ace this test and become a sergeant" I reassured her.
"Thanks babe"She answered.
"It's okay Ames" I smiled while leaving the room. "I'll leave you study now"

As I walked out of the break room Scully and Hitchcock began arguing about something stupid , I sat and watched for a while. It was pretty entertaining I won't lie , well that was until they started fighting , it looked like something out of a strange movie with two big guys fighting because thats literally what it was. Soon enough Terry came racing out of Captain Holt's office splitting Scully and Hitchcock up , I was kind of disappointed that it was over.

"HEY STOP THAT!" Terry shouted.
"I'm sorry" Hitchcock answered worried.
"I'm sorry as well" Scully replied scared.
"Why were you guys fighting in the first place?" Terry asked.
"Well...uh-...Im- n-not sure" Hitchcock stuttered.
"Okay then get back to work everyone!" Terry exclaimed across the bull pen.

A few hours passed by and Amy finally stopped braiding her hair and calmed down a lot , she was still revising though she couldn't stop I don't understand how she could do it for that long. Within them hours Charles and Rosa came back with a perp , they put him in holding and Charles rushed over to my desk and sat in the perps chair. We talked for a while and I enjoyed it , I really wanted to tell Charles about the pregnancy he's my best friend and I hate keeping secrets from him but I stayed strong and didn't tell him. I didn't want the whole squad finding out because if I told Charles he would have got excited and he's not the greatest at keeping secrets so that's why we tell Rosa things , she has so many secrets about her life that's why I trust her so much. The day passed and we collected our things , we got in the elevator and headed to the car. We finally arrived home and relaxed , Amy was stressed and I was just tired from all the paperwork I couldn't wait to get back into action and arrest criminals again.

===================================
Hey guys! I'm going to skip closer to the wedding soon because I feel like thats more fun than dragging it on and on , it should he more entertaining for you guys to read and for me to write :)
===================================