His Worst Nightmares | Ch 10

'Useless Deku! You'll never be a hero!'

'You cannot be a hero without a quirk, I'm sorry.'

'Deku means useless! Like Midoriya!'

'Take a swan dive off the roof, maybe in your next life you'll have a quirk.'

'You'll never be better than me Deku!'

'You'll never be a hero!'

Izuku suddenly shoots up from his nightmare, sweating and breathing heavily. Looking around, he sees much of class 1-B looking at him, including Tokoyami who had slept over as well.

"Midoriya, I'm assuming that nightmare happened again?" Tokoyami asked.

"I- uhm, yea... It did..." responds Izuku, still breathing like he just ran a marathon.

"Wait, what nightmare?" Tsuburaba asks.

Izuku sighs, admitting to himself that he might as well tell them. He'd rather be truthful than brush it off or lie.

"I-It's about... My worst experiences... and the worst things people have said to me..." Izuku responds.

"Uhm, i-if you don't mind me asking... W-What are these experiences, Izuku...?" asks Kendo, with a worried look in her eyes.

Sighing, Izuku starts to explains.

"Back in my childhood, Kacchan, or well, Bakugou as you know him, turned from my best friend to my bully."

This earned shocked gasps from everyone, except Tokoyami, who had heard this story before, as well as some of the more adamant people, like Kuroiro and Yanagi.

"That was because when I was young, I didn't have a quirk. I had only manifested it right before the entrance exam. He bullied me everyday, calling me useless, telling me I will never become a hero, and even went as far as, as..."

Izuku sighed, knowing that they might as well know.

"telling me to take a 'swan dive off the roof.'"

Everyone was utterly astonished by this. They knew Bakugou was an ass, but they didn't think he could go that far.

"Are you serious...?" Kendo asked.

Izuku nodded sadly.

"The final one I'll tell you guys... is the one my idol told me. Back when I was still quirkless, I had a chance meeting with my idol, but I shall not name him, for if what he told me gets out, it'll leave a negative opinion for everyone in UA."

Everyone slowly nodded their heads, signaling that they won't tell a soul what they will hear this day.

Sighing again, Izuku continues. 

"One day I was walking home from school, the same day Kacchan told me to take a 'swan dive.' I had accidentally taken a different route, and almost died because of that. You all remember the Sludge Incident? The one that took place about 10 months before the entrance exam?"

A couple people nodded their heads, remembering seeing it on the news.

"Well before it occurred, I was attacked by the same sludge villain." Izuku continues as he hears a couple gasps from them, but continues on. "He had almost suffocated me, and taken over my body as something to control. Luckily for me, my idol had been chasing the villain, and appeared. He took down the villain, and saved me. Even signed my notebook while I was passed out since I was out of air from the suffocation. And that was where I asked my question."